Subject: [Hipsec] hipl for Nokia 770

From: Andrey Khurri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:49:31 +0300

Dear all,

I have been working on porting HIPL userspace applications to Nokia 770
Internet Tablet http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,74866,00.html.
The purpose was to try HIP protocol with a mobile device such as this
Linux based Tablet and more specifically to run HIP base exchange in
between tablet and i386 PC, and then evaluate its perfomance. Various
aspects are interesting to test, i.e. mobility, resource consumption for
the Nokia while running HIP, time issues etc.

I have HIPL userspace applications as a debian binary package for the
Nokia 770. It can be installed on the Tablet using either 'Application
Installer' from the 'Control panel' or 'app-installer-tool' from the
command line in the terminal. HIP base exchange seems to be working now
however I didn't experiment much on that yet. So additional tests are
needed to see if it might run into a trouble and to get more perfomance
results.

In order to run HIPL applications some modifications to the Linux kernel
and patches are neccesary. With regards to this I recompiled Nokia 770
kernel. The new kernel image can be deployed onto the device using
special utility called 'flasher'.

The hipl debian package, kernel image along with some other useful
packages for the Nokia 770 are available now at
http://www.infrahip.net/MERCoNe
So in case you have your Nokia 770 and are interested in trying hipl on
it you might download packages from the given link and install them on
your device. You would better do this while following HOWTO which you
will find on http://www.infrahip.net/MERCoNe/HOWTO.html

If you have any problems or misunderstanding on the matter feel free to
ask by email.

That would be very useful to get your feedback on how it all works for you.

Best regards,
Andrey

-- 
Andrey Khurri, Researcher
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT)
Tel: +358 50 384 1510
Fax: +358  9 694 9768
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec