Subject: [Hipsec] RFC 5201 on Host Identity Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5201

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol 
        Author:     R. Moskowitz, P. Nikander,
                    P. Jokela, Ed., T. Henderson
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      104
        Characters: 240492
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-base-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5201.txt

This memo specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).
HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and maintain shared
IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier and locator
roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of communications
across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a Sigma-compliant Diffie-
Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers from a new Host
Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.  The protocol is
designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS) and man-in-the-
middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with another suitable
security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP),
it provides integrity protection and optional encryption for upper-
layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.  This memo defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec