Subject: [Hipsec] HIP implementations

From: nahla abid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:06:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I would like to test one implementation of HIP. I am hesitating between OpenHIP and infrahip projects.

I have a question concerning Infrahip, is it an implementation of HIP or only of applications related to HIP? And what's better to use, openhip or infrahip?

Regards,
THX

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Mail vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non sollicités 
http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail 

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 17:00:59 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 26 May 2008, nahla abid wrote:

Hi,

> I have a question concerning Infrahip, is it an implementation of HIP or 
> only of applications related to HIP?

It is an implementation of HIP. The software bundle includes also a lot of 
test applications, graphical user interface, firewall and e.g. firefox 
plugin.

> And what's better to use, openhip or infrahip?

InfraHIP implementation is specialized on linux platform (you can run it 
also in Nokia Tablets). OpenHIP works also on Apple and Windows.

Just to make your choice more difficult, there is also Ericsson's 
implementation here:

http://hip4inter.net/

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec