Subject: [Hipsec-rg] HIPRG report
From: [email-masked] (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Wed Dec 14 05:10:01 2005

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_courier-28535-1134554957-0001-2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

HIP Research Group Report
December 2005

The HIP RG has seen cyclical activity centered around IETF meetings.  The RG
met on the afternoon of Nov. 11, 2005 (after IETF 64 meeting), with 40
attendees.  Three new drafts were reviewed; one on the use of SIP presence
data to convey HITs, one describing possible operator issues with deploying
HIP, and one on the use of a TCP option for opportunistic HIP.  In addition,
the RG heard about updates to the legacy NAT/middlebox traversal draft, the
HIP-aware middlebox traversal draft, the draft on the use of SRTP as a HIP
transport, and the draft on using SIP to convey host identities.  

The RG's primary chartered output is an "Experiment Report" to the IESG
describing the impact of deploying HIP.  This draft has not been advanced
since the last quarter; the chairs agreed to do so before the next meeting
cycle.  The meeting and mailing list agreed that
draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt (problem statement for
HIP-aware middleboxes) could be advanced to the state of RG draft.  Prior to
IETF-64, the RG agreed to make draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt (problem
statement for HIP-unaware middleboxes) a RG draft.

The chairs continue to encourage experimentation with one of the three open
source implementations of HIP.  The HIIT project reports that several events
with industry, including Ericsson, TeliaSonera, Nokia, and Symbian, are in
progress.  Also, there have been several protocol extensions to the OpenHIP
project submitted by various researchers.

--=_courier-28535-1134554957-0001-2
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--=_courier-28535-1134554957-0001-2--

From: [email-masked] (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Tue Dec  6 04:03:01 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Re: Feature comparison of active HIP implementations
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

The privacy support we have is akin to what was discussed at Aliens BOF at 
recent IETF, where several identifiers (IP address, HIP public key, MAC) are 
changed simultaneously. Janne Lindqvist is a better person to comment on 
details. It seems a bit different from things discussed in your privacy 
draft. 

Andrei 

Alfredo Matos writes: 

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1 
> 
> When "Privacy Support" appears, what is the specific meaning ? 
> 
> 
> Alfredo Matos 
> 
> Andrei Gurtov wrote:
>> http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hips.htm or
>> http://hipl.infrahip.net/hips.htm 
>> 
>> Comments? 
>> 
>> Andrei 
>> 
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux) 
> 
> iD8DBQFDkHCQdLXzmAoI8LkRApRNAJ9Rpc39SlYefbCI8x5Wsa6ZKlS3EgCdGcFR
> 4VTt8h0ie0lqsAVYXrETwpg=
> =3Syw
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

From: [email-masked] (Alfredo Matos)
Date: Fri Dec  2 11:05:02 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Feature comparison of active HIP implementations
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

When "Privacy Support" appears, what is the specific meaning ?

Alfredo Matos

Andrei Gurtov wrote:
> http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hips.htm or
> http://hipl.infrahip.net/hips.htm
> 
> Comments?
> 
> Andrei
> 

From: [email-masked] (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Fri Dec  2 06:46:00 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Feature comparison of active HIP implementations
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_courier-7124-1133523942-0001-2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hips.htm or
http://hipl.infrahip.net/hips.htm

Comments?

Andrei

--=_courier-7124-1133523942-0001-2
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--=_courier-7124-1133523942-0001-2--