Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Updated "Middlebox Traversal Issues of Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Communication"
From: [email-masked] (Martin Stiemerling)
Date: Tue Jan 31 07:48:01 2006

--Apple-Mail-50--656563480
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary=Apple-Mail-49--656563822

--Apple-Mail-49--656563822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

I've pressed the send button to fast, since these two things got  
changed too:

- removed reference to RFC 2766 (NAT-PT). The NAT-PT section was  
removed in the past and the reference was left behind
- Updated to RFC 4303 which replaces RFC 2406 (IPsec ESP)

   Martin

Am 31.01.2006 um 11:24 schrieb Martin Stiemerling:

> Hi,
>
> We have posted an updated version of draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt to  
> the I-D repository.
>
> Changes made:
>
> - Added statement as proposed by Tom in his email on January 18
> - Removed one reference which has been a left-over from old  
> versions (draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00). This reference was  
> used in a (removed) part about twice-NATs.
> - Removed the reference to the NSIS NATFW NSLP. The NATFW NSLP is  
> not yet completed and it will take a while until it becomes RFC.  
> Leaving this reference in the draft will block it in the RFC editor  
> queue until the NATFW NSLP itself is becoming an RFC.
>
> The draft is already available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg- 
> nat-01.txt
>
> The diff to the -00 version is available here:
>
> http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/hiprg/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01- 
> from-0.diff.html
>
>
> Please let Lars, Juergen, and me know if you have any comment or  
> question.
>
> Best regards,
>
>   Lars, Juergen, and Martin

--Apple-Mail-49--656563822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=ISO-8859-1

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><DIV>I've pressed the send =
button to fast, since these two things got changed too:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>- removed reference to RFC =
2766 (NAT-PT). The NAT-PT section was removed in the past and the =
reference was left behind</DIV><DIV>- Updated to RFC 4303 which replaces =
RFC 2406 (IPsec ESP)</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>=A0 =
Martin</DIV><BR><DIV><DIV>Am 31.01.2006 um 11:24 schrieb Martin =
Stiemerling:</DIV><BR class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><BLOCKQUOTE =
type=3D"cite">Hi,<DIV><BR class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>We =
have posted an updated version of=A0draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt to the =
I-D repository.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Changes made:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>- Added statement as =
proposed by Tom in his email on January 18</DIV><DIV>- Removed one =
reference which has been a left-over from old versions (<FONT =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"Lucida =
Grande">draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00</FONT>). This reference was =
used in a (removed) part about twice-NATs.</DIV><DIV>- Removed the =
reference to the NSIS NATFW NSLP. The NATFW NSLP is not yet completed =
and it will take a while until it becomes RFC. Leaving this reference in =
the draft will block it in the RFC editor queue until the NATFW NSLP =
itself is becoming an RFC.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>The draft is already =
available here:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><A =
href=3D"ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-0=
1.txt">ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01=
.txt</A></DIV><DIV><BR class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>The =
diff to the -00 version is available here:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><A =
href=3D"http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/hiprg/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01-from=
-0.diff.html">http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/hiprg/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-0=
1-from-0.diff.html</A></DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Please let Lars, Juergen, =
and me know if you have any comment or question.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Best regards,</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>=A0 Lars, Juergen, and =
Martin</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-49--656563822--

--Apple-Mail-50--656563480
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: application/pkcs7-signature;
	name=smime.p7s
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename=smime.p7s

--Apple-Mail-50--656563480--

From: [email-masked] (Martin Stiemerling)
Date: Tue Jan 31 05:20:00 2006
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Updated "Middlebox Traversal Issues of Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Communication"
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail-43--665425186
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary=Apple-Mail-42--665425598

--Apple-Mail-42--665425598
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hi,

We have posted an updated version of draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt to  
the I-D repository.

Changes made:

- Added statement as proposed by Tom in his email on January 18
- Removed one reference which has been a left-over from old versions  
(draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00). This reference was used in a  
(removed) part about twice-NATs.
- Removed the reference to the NSIS NATFW NSLP. The NATFW NSLP is not  
yet completed and it will take a while until it becomes RFC. Leaving  
this reference in the draft will block it in the RFC editor queue  
until the NATFW NSLP itself is becoming an RFC.

The draft is already available here:

ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt

The diff to the -00 version is available here:

http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/hiprg/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01- 
from-0.diff.html

Please let Lars, Juergen, and me know if you have any comment or  
question.

Best regards,

   Lars, Juergen, and Martin
--Apple-Mail-42--665425598
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=ISO-8859-1

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; ">Hi,<DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>We have posted an updated =
version of=A0draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01.txt to the I-D =
repository.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Changes made:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>- Added statement as =
proposed by Tom in his email on January 18</DIV><DIV>- Removed one =
reference which has been a left-over from old versions (<FONT =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" face=3D"Lucida =
Grande">draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00</FONT>). This reference was =
used in a (removed) part about twice-NATs.</DIV><DIV>- Removed the =
reference to the NSIS NATFW NSLP. The NATFW NSLP is not yet completed =
and it will take a while until it becomes RFC. Leaving this reference in =
the draft will block it in the RFC editor queue until the NATFW NSLP =
itself is becoming an RFC.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>The draft is already =
available here:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><A =
href=3D"ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-0=
1.txt">ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01=
.txt</A></DIV><DIV><BR class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>The =
diff to the -00 version is available here:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><A =
href=3D"http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/hiprg/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-01-from=
-0.diff.html">http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/hiprg/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-0=
1-from-0.diff.html</A></DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Please let Lars, Juergen, =
and me know if you have any comment or question.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Best regards,</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>=A0 Lars, Juergen, and =
Martin</DIV></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-42--665425598--

--Apple-Mail-43--665425186
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: application/pkcs7-signature;
	name=smime.p7s
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename=smime.p7s

--Apple-Mail-43--665425186--

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Thu Jan 19 05:17:00 2006
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] RG consensus on draft-irtf-hip-nat-00
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> ..., I would like to propose that the following statement be added
> to the above HIP RG draft, and am asking whether the RG supports  
> such a
> statement:
>
>     This memo was discussed and modified in the Host Identity Protocol
>
>     Research Group and represents a consensus view of the research
>     group at the time of its submission for publication.
>
> Comments on this statement or the draft itself?

Works for me.

--Pekka

From: [email-masked] (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Wed Jan 18 15:02:01 2006
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] RG consensus on draft-irtf-hip-nat-00
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

The authors of the below I-D would like to submit it to the RFC Editor's
queue as an individual submission for Informational RFC:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-nat-00.txt

Since there is no RG track for documents presently (although there are
some discussions among the IRTF chairs about creating one for the
future), what does it mean for RG drafts?  Presently, such drafts are
treated as individual submissions in the RFC Editor process.  However,
some drafts that have achieved consensus in the RGs have, in the past,
added a note in the Introduction stating this consensus (for whatever
that is worth).

For example, the RED manifesto (RFC 2309), a product of the e2e RG,
contains this at the end of the Introduction:

    Preparation of this memo resulted from past discussions of end-to-
end
    performance, Internet congestion, and RED in the End-to-End Research
    Group of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).

Likewise, I would like to propose that the following statement be added
to the above HIP RG draft, and am asking whether the RG supports such a
statement:

    This memo was discussed and modified in the Host Identity Protocol

    Research Group and represents a consensus view of the research =20
    group at the time of its submission for publication.

Comments on this statement or the draft itself?  This is not formally a
Last Call, but I will assume lazy consensus (i.e. no comments implies
tacit approval) on this issue.

Tom

From: [email-masked] (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Wed Jan 18 14:45:00 2006
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] IETF 65
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Since scheduling is now open for IETF-65, I am notifying the RG that we
intend to hold a meeting in Dallas in our usual Friday afternoon slot
(last time, was 12:30-3PM), in case you want to make travel plans
accordingly. =20

If you would like an agenda slot (even if only tentative), please email
Andrei or me before the IETF scheduling deadline (March 13).

Thanks,
Tom