Subject: [Hipsec] draft-keranen-hip-native-nat-traversal-00

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:27:50 +0200

Hi all,

We wrote an extension to the HIP NAT traversal draft that uses the ICE 
methodology with HIP messages and an ESP relay for the NAT traversal 
procedures:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-keranen-hip-native-nat-traversal-00.txt

This draft addresses the issue that one may not be willing to integrate 
a full ICE implementation with HIP but rather re-use the HIP messages 
and state machines for the same purpose.

Comments are welcome!

Cheers,
Ari

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-keranen-hip-native-nat-traversal-00

A new version of I-D, draft-keranen-hip-native-nat-traversal-00.txt has 
been successfuly submitted by Ari Keranen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-keranen-hip-native-nat-traversal
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol
Creation_date:	 2010-03-01
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The new mode is
based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic.  The main
difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
messages for all NAT traversal procedures.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:35:15 +0200

On 03/04/2010 12:27 PM, Ari Keranen wrote:

Hi,

based on our implementation experimentation, I would say that this is a 
better for the experimental NAT traversal work to proceed towards 
standards track.

> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:14:35 +0200

Hi Miika,

Yes, this mode has its benefits over the STUN based methods and could be 
a good candidate for the standards track too.

Cheers,
Ari