Subject: [Hipsec] Updated HIP overlay drafts

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:53:38 +0200

Hi all,

We submitted updated versions of the HIP BONE and VIA drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-bone-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-via-01.txt

They address the comments that were given during the WGLC:
- HIP BONE was restructured and a framework overview section was added
- HIP BONE now includes terminology part with the common terms used in 
that context
- OVERLAY_TTL parameter type was changed to critical so that it can be 
used as a generic forwarding loop breaker
- Instead of "Peer ID", HIP BONE uses the more generic term "Node ID"
- HIP VIA supports now loose source routing mode where a hop in the 
destination list may be skipped
- Some clarifications were added to HIP VIA regarding the definitions 
and use of the parameters

Also the RELOAD instance spec was updated:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-reload-instance-01.txt

That version contains fixes for the comments, other clarifications, and 
also changes due to new version of the RELOAD draft (AttachLite was 
removed).

Cheers,
Ari

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:57:49 +0200

Folks,

the authors of the overlay drafts have revised them in order to address
the comments received during their WGLC. Please, have a look at the new
revisions so that we can request their publication. We will wait for
comments until the HIP WG meeting in Anaheim.

Cheers,

Gonzalo
HIP co-chair

On 09/03/2010 2:53 PM, Ari Keranen wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:48:37 -0700

Hi all,

After talking with Tom off-line we agreed that it would be good to add 
some text in the HIP BONE draft on what to do if one does not explicitly 
specify to which overlay a HIP message should be sent to (i.e., one 
should be able to configure a "default overlay"). I'll fix this in the 
next version along with other WGLC comments.

Cheers,
Ari