Subject: [Hipsec] Document Action: 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Multi-hop Routing Extension' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Multi-hop Routing Extension '
   <draft-ietf-hip-via-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-via-03.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies two extensions to HIP to implement multi-hop
  routing.  The first extension allows implementing source routing in
  HIP.  That is, a host sending a HIP packet can define a set of hosts
  that the HIP packet should traverse.  The second extension allows a
  HIP packet to carry and record the list of hosts that forwarded it.

Working Group Summary

  There was strong consensus on this document.

Document Quality

  There are prototype implementations of this spec. A few vendors have
  expressed interest in implementing this in the context of HIP BONE
  overlays.

Personnel

  David Ward is the document shepherd for this document. Ralph Droms
  is the responsible AD for this document.