Subject: [Hipsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis-02

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:09:04 -0400

For your reading pleasure!

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis-02

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis-02.txt has been
successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc5201-bis
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Host Identity Protocol
Creation_date:	 2010-07-01
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 112

Abstract:
This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
(HIP).  HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and
maintain shared IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier
and locator roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of
communications across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a SIGMA-
compliant Diffie-Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers
from a new Host Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.
The protocol is designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS)
and man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with
another suitable security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security
Payload (ESP), it provides integrity protection and optional
encryption for upper-layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.

This document obsoletes RFC 5201 and addresses the concerns raised by
the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

The IETF Secretariat.