Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:27:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Architecture
	Author(s)       : Robert Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-09-01

   This memo describes a new namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and
   a new protocol layer, the Host Identity Protocol, between the
   internetworking and transport layers.  Herein are presented the
   basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
   how a new namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of this
   new namespace in the protocols are defined.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201 and goes further
   to explain how HIP works as a secure signalling channel.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-03.txt