Subject: [HOKEY] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak-07.txt> (EAP Re-authentication Protocol Extensions for Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (ERP/AAK)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:44:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Handover Keying WG (hokey) to
consider the following document:
- 'EAP Re-authentication Protocol Extensions for Authenticated
   Anticipatory Keying (ERP/AAK)'
  <draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a generic framework
   supporting multiple types of authentication methods.

   The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) specifies extensions to EAP
   and the EAP keying hierarchy to support an EAP method-independent
   protocol for efficient re-authentication between the peer and an EAP
   re-authentication server through any authenticator.

   Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (AAK) is a method by which
   cryptographic keying material may be established upon one or more
   candidate attachment points (CAPs) prior to handover.  AAK uses the
   AAA infrastructure for key transport.

   This document specifies the extensions necessary to enable AAK
   support in ERP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1450/