Subject: [homenet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-chakrabarti-homenet-prefix-alloc-00.txt

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:42:36 -0700

This draft argues for looking at the topologies that can be made to work 
with consumer IPv4 home routers/NATs, and specifies how DHCP prefix 
delegation can be done in a simple way in such networks.

None of us authors will be at the interim meeting, but perhaps we can 
discuss this remotely if folks are interested.

    Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-chakrabarti-homenet-prefix-alloc-00.txt
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:36:41 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-chakrabarti-homenet-prefix-alloc-00.txt has 
been successfully submitted by Erik Nordmark and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:	 draft-chakrabarti-homenet-prefix-alloc
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Simple Approach to Prefix Distribution in Basic Home Networks
Creation date:	 2011-10-04
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 24

Abstract:
    Modern IPv4 home networks are often configured with multi-level of
    NATs and Residential gateways to separate islands of networks used
    for different purposes.  With the introduction of IPv6 home networks
    we&#39;d like to be able to maintain the same topological freedom as we
    have with IPv4 but without requiring any IPv6 NATs.  This document
    specifies the topological restrictions for what we term Basic Home
    Networks and specifies how DHCPv4 Prefix Delegation can be used to
    autoconfigure IPv6 address prefixes in such networks.

The IETF Secretariat