Subject: Re: [homenet] Framing homenet borders and default policies

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:38:07 -0500

{I was cleaning out email that I felt I SHOULD read}

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> writes:
    Mark> For the 3 base cases listed above (Local, Internet, Guest) If
    Mark> we can solidly answer the 5 (6) questions below, we've
    Mark> accomplished well what is within our scope:

    Mark> 1. Do we share or accept assigned prefixes over this link?
    Mark> 2. Do we share or accept routing information over this link?
    Mark> 3. Do we share or accept services information over this link?
    Mark> 4. Do we share or accept naming information over this link?
    Mark> 5. Do we allow application traffic to flow over this link? If
    Mark> so, do we apply a firewall function?  (6.) Do we allow
    Mark> troubleshooting protocols over this link (ping, traceroute -
    Mark> could be part of the FW question in #5)?

What are we going to do with this?
Does this discussion go into the architecture document?

-- 
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
   Kyoto Plus: watch the video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx1ycLXQSE>
	               then sign the petition.

---

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:19:03 -0800

After a 2nd reading of the current arch doc, I'm still not sure where the "bounding box" is around our work - seems like the language in section 3 should be tightened up - or rephrased to emphasize that the list of topology support is normative and not a set of examples

Randy

On Mar 6, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet
>

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:06:44 +0000

The -02 coming soon makes it clear the examples are just that.

Tim