Subject: [homenet] #1: Multihoming support

From: "homenet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:24:30 -0000

#1: Multihoming support

 Currently the -02 arch text talks about multihoming in MH2, MH7, MH8, RT11
 and RT12.  We say that single CER, multiple uplink multihoming is
 supported, but multi-CER, multiple uplink multihoming is only desirable.
 Do we want to make the latter a requirement as well, or "strongly
 desirable"?

-- 
-------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  tjc@…  |      Owner:  draft-ietf-homenet-arch@…
     Type:  task   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major  |  Milestone:
Component:  arch   |    Version:
 Severity:  -      |   Keywords:
-------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/trac/ticket/1>
homenet <http://tools.ietf.org/homenet/>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:41:22 +1300

>  Do we want to make the latter a requirement as well, or "strongly

To confirm what I've already said: I think multi-CER with *one* uplink
per CER will be a common scenario (tens or hundreds of millions of
cases) and needs to be covered. A single CER with multi-uplink will
also be common. Maybe multi-CER with multi-uplink per CER can be deferred.

   Brian

---

From: Teco Boot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:33:27 +0200

> also be common. Maybe multi-CER with multi-uplink per CER can be deferred.
+1

I think the three network models are somewhat over-simplified,
ISPs may provide different services. I think we need source
routing and source address selection being used to select a 
service. This relates CER prefix advertisement to service 
discovery.

Teco

> 
> Brian
> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet