Subject: [homenet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:33:12 -0500

Ray,

Can you please request that the Secretariat make this I-D the successor
of draft-lynn-dnsext-site-mdns-01?

Thanks, Kerry Lynn

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Kerry Lynn and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns
Revision:        00
Title:           Extended Multicast DNS
Creation date:   2012-03-05
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12

Abstract:
  Multicast DNS (mDNS) provides the ability to perform DNS-like
  operations on the local link in the absence of any conventional
  unicast DNS server.  Extended mDNS (xmDNS) extends the specification
  of mDNS to site-local scope in order to support multi-hop LANs that
  forward multicast packets but do not provide a unicast DNS service.

  Like mDNS, xmDNS designates a portion of the DNS namespace to apply
  to the site-local network and specifies rules for its use.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:57:06 +0000

A new version of I-D, draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Kerry Lynn and posted to the IETF repository.

Abstract: