Subject: [homenet] #3: Use of "Simple security"

From: "homenet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:30:24 -0000

#3: Use of "Simple security"

 As per EE2 and EE3 in the -02 text, do we keep "Simple Security" as the
 default, with an associated requirement for a signalling protocol (e.g.
 PCP or UPnP IGD v2), and an option for a user to select a "transparent
 mode", or should we take a position like RFC6204 which says:
 "S-1: The IPv6 CE router SHOULD support [RFC6092].  In particular,
          the IPv6 CE router SHOULD support functionality sufficient for
          implementing the set of recommendations in [RFC6092],
          Section 4.  This document takes no position on whether such
          functionality is enabled by default or mechanisms by which
          users would configure it."

-- 
-------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  tjc@…  |      Owner:  draft-ietf-homenet-arch@…
     Type:  task   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major  |  Milestone:
Component:  arch   |    Version:
 Severity:  -      |   Keywords:
-------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/trac/ticket/3>
homenet <http://tools.ietf.org/homenet/>