Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 06:25:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Home Networking Control Protocol
        Authors         : Markus Stenberg
                          Steven Barth
                          Pierre Pfister
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2015-01-06

Abstract:
   This document describes the Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP),
   an extensible configuration protocol and a set of requirements for
   home network devices on top of the Distributed Node Consensus
   Protocol (DNCP).  It enables automated configuration of addresses,
   naming, network borders and the seamless use of a routing protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Steven Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 15:44:00 +0100

hncp-03 concludes our series of rewrites.

This version has been refactored to be based on dncp-00 and specifies 
the parameters of a DNCP profile, thus low-level protocol interactions, 
and security measures can now be found in the dncp-00 draft.

The hncp-03 draft itself still contains all the homenet-specific TLVs 
(prefix assignment, naming / service discovery, dhcp election), the 
border discovery algorithm (and its security implications) and 
additionally requirements and rules for running RA, DHCP servers and 
MDNS proxies and generic homenet router requirements such as the use of 
a TBD routing protocol to replace routing protocol election and the so 
called "fallback routing" mechanism.

We hope the draft is now easier to understand and we hope that you all 
give it a read and provide feedback and input.

Cheers,

Steven

On 06.01.2015 15:25, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet