Subject: [homenet] ISIS upcoming development and demo

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:58:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, everbody.

We’d like to announce that at the IETF in Prague there will be a demo at 
the Bits’n’Bytes of IS-IS running over IPv6 link local addressing, 
including using mostly unicast packets for node to node communication to 
work better with wifi. The needed modifications will be taken to the ISIS 
working group as well, in order to make these changes standards track, 
with -00 drafts released before the draft submission deadlines for Prague 
IETF. There will be two code bases presented that’ll interoperate using 
these changes, both the Erlang one (which will be fully managed using 
zebrad in Quagga), and the existing C based one in Quagga will see 
implementations of all the mentioned changes.

During Q3, all the changes to both code bases will be rigorously tested 
using ISIS testing suites and bugs fixed to assure that both code bases 
adhere to the IS-IS standards and that both code bases will be “production 
grade” code.

We hope this will address the major concerns about IS-IS being not 
suitable for homenet use because of its use of multicast and that it 
doesn’t run over IPv6, and also that the Erlang codebase is too big.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 12:09:14 +0200

> the Bits’n’Bytes of IS-IS running over IPv6 link local addressing,

Excellent.

> using mostly unicast packets for node to node communication to work 
> better with wifi

Interesting workaround.  Can you share your experimental data?

-- Juliusz

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 08:34:13 -0700

What I have never figured out was how to get something in bits & bytes.
I am hauling a boatload of gear from various manufacturers, might as
well set it up.

Is there going to be dogfooding?

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:09 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> using mostly unicast packets for node to node communication to work better
>> with wifi
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet

-- 
Dave Täht
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast