Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 04:01:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Prefix Assignment Algorithm
        Authors         : Pierre Pfister
                          Benjamin Paterson
                          Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-06-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies a distributed algorithm for automatic prefix
   assignment.  Thus it provides an alternative to manual or centralized
   prefix and address assignment techniques.  Given a set of delegated
   prefixes, it ensures that at most one prefix is assigned from each
   delegated prefix to each link.  Nodes may assign available prefixes
   to the links they are directly connected to, or for other private
   purposes.  The algorithm eventually converges and ensures that all
   assigned prefixes do not overlap.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/