Subject: Re: [homenet] [hackathon] homenet in Hackathon

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:34:29 +0000

Hi Markus,

It would be great to have HOMENET included, and your sample projects look
good. I can add to the wiki, but we really need to identify one or more
people to champion who can be available to kick things off and help get
people going. I¹ve cc¹d the homenet list in hopes of finding volunteers.

Cheers,
Charles

On 6/18/15, 12:39 AM, "hackathon on behalf of Markus Stenberg"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Heya,
>
>due to personal reasons I will not able to be officially champion it as
>such (Fri arrival not an option, probably not around early on Sat either
>but will at least show up on Sat at some point and be there Sun) but I
>would like the homenet stuff in general to be added to wiki as a hacking
>option; I can help later if someone shows up. I know there are some
>people signing up (or already signed up) that have some interest in that
>direction too.
>
>http://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/
>
>What I would love to see:
>
>- implementation of DNCP[1] in some quick-n-dirty scripting language (I
>have two partial implementations done Python, for example, and it is
>probably easily doable in 2 days if you are motivated; unfortunately I do
>these in my copious spare time so haven¹t been able to finish either so
>far)
>
>- _any_ improvement of hnetd, an open-source impelementation of
>DNCP+HNCP[2], issues list might provide starting point[3]
>
>- perhaps implementation of one of the other WG drafts
>
>- expanded version of the IETF92 BIER+homenet multicast stuff, or any
>other Œquick and dirty¹ solution to homenet+X, e.g. X being multicast,
>Coap, ..
>
>Cheers,
>
>-Markus
>
>[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp/
>[2] https://github.com/sbyx/hnetd/
>[3] https://github.com/sbyx/hnetd/issues
>
>_______________________________________________
>hackathon mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon