Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 02:01:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Node Consensus Protocol
        Authors         : Markus Stenberg
                          Steven Barth
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2015-06-01

Abstract:
   This document describes the Distributed Node Consensus Protocol
   (DNCP), a generic state synchronization protocol which uses Trickle
   and Merkle trees.  DNCP is transport agnostic and leaves some of the
   details to be specified in profiles, which define actual
   implementable DNCP based protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Steven Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:09:15 +0200

Thanks for all the comments we got on-list and in private during the
WGLC. We tried to address them in -04. Besides clarifications there is
one minor change:

Added mandatory rate limiting for network state requests, and
      optional slightly faster convergence mechanism by including
      current local network state in the remote network state requests.

We will prepare the next version of the HNCP-draft in the coming days so
it can be last called as well.

Thanks,

Steven and Markus

On 01.06.2015 11:01, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet
>