Subject: [homenet] Time slot in Yokohama

From: Liang Geng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 23:02:44 +0800

Dear all,

I would like to apply for a time slot (~10m) to present the use cases of
MPVD in Homenet during Yokohama.

The idea of the draft was initially discussed in both Homenet and MIF WG
during Prague meeting. 

This submitted version clarifies how homenet nodes should act as PvD-aware
nodes and describes the role of such nodes on forwarding PvD information. 

Any comments would be extremely welcome.

Best wishes,

Liang

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 

Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 12:20 AM

To: DENG Hui; 4c 69 61 6e 67 20 47 65 6e 67; Liang Geng; Hui Deng

Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-02.txt

has been successfully submitted by Liang Geng and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:               draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases

Revision:  02

Title:                  Use Cases for Multiple Provisioning Domain in
Homenet

Document date:       2015-10-16

Group:               Individual Submission

Pages:               8

URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-02.tx
t

Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases/

Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-02

Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-02

Abstract:

   This document describes the use cases of multiple provisioning domain

   (MPVD) in homenet.  Although most residential networks nowadays are

   connected to a single ISP and normally subscribed to standard

   internet service, it is expected that much wider range of devices and

   services will become common in home networks.  Homenet defines such

   home network topologies with increasing number of devices with the

   assumption that it requires minimum configuration by residential

   user.  As described in the homenet architecture ([RFC7368]),

   multihoming and multi-service residential network will be more common

   in the near future.  Nodes in such network may commonly have multiple

   interfaces or subscribe to multiple services.  Potential types of

   PVD-aware nodes concerning interface and service specific

   provisioning domains are introduced in this document.  Based on this,

   different MPVD configuration examples are given.  These examples

   illustrate how PVD may be implemented in home network.  PVDs provide

   independent provisioning domains for different interfaces and

   services, which enables robust and flexible network configuration for

   these networks.

 

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat