Subject: [homenet] Fwd: [babel] A quick summary of babel@ietf

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 21:14:13 +0200

This might be of interest to people here. In particular, checking out
Dave's "homenet on hackerboards" talk could be worthwhile.

-Toke

Subject: [babel] A quick summary of babel@ietf
From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 23:47:11 +0200
List-Id: "A list for discussion of the Babel Routing Protocol." <babel.ietf.org>

Dear all,

IETF is over, we've had the first meeting of the Babel WG.  It went
pleasantly smoothly.  You'll find the full recording of the meeting[1],
the minutes, as well as all the meeting materials, including slides[2].

[1] http://recs.conf.meetecho.com/Playout/watch.jsp?recording=IETF96_BABEL&chapter=chapter_1
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/materials.html#babel

In short:

  - the chairs said some things;
  - I gave a talk about my plans for evolving the protocol, the audience
    seemed to agree;
  - Barbara Stark gave a talk about her proposed management information
    model, in which she notably recommended to debloat the model; there
    was a short misunderstanding between her and Margaret Cullen, which
    was quickly cleared up;
  - Dave gave a talk about routing with hackerboards, a talk that was not
    specific to Babel but was well-received and appeared to me to be
    eye-opening to at least some audience members.

My feeling right now -- unless we f*ck up really badly, this is going to
be a productive and fun working group.

-- Juliusz

_______________________________________________
babel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel