Subject: [hrpc] I-D Action: draft-irtf-hrpc-research-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 23:28:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations of the IETF.

        Title           : Research into Human Rights Protocol Considerations
        Authors         : Niels ten Oever
                          Corinne Cath
	Filename        : draft-irtf-hrpc-research-00.txt
	Pages           : 71
	Date            : 2016-09-18

Abstract:
   The evergrowing interconnectedness of Internet and society increases
   the impact of the Internet on the lives of individuals.  Because of
   this, the design and development of the architecture of the Internet
   also has a growing impact on society.  This has led to an broad
   recognition that human rights [UDHR] [ICCPR] [ICESCR] have a role in
   the development and management of the Internet [HRC2012] [UNGA2013]
   [NETmundial].  It has also been argued that the Internet should be
   strengthened as a human rights enabling environment [Brown].

   This document provides a proposal for a vocabulary to discuss the
   relation between human rights and Internet protocols, an overview of
   the discussion in technical and academic literature and communities,
   a proposal for the mapping of the relation between human rights and
   technical concepts, and a proposal for guidelines for human rights
   considerations, similar to the work done on the guidelines for
   privacy considerations [RFC6973].

   This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
   published for informational purposes.

   This document is a product of the Internet Research Task Force
   (IRTF).  The IRTF publishes the results of Internet-related research
   and development activities.  This documents aims to be a consensus
   document of the Human Rights Protocol Consideration Research Group of
   the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).

   Discussion of this draft at: [email-masked] //
   https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hrpc-research/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-research-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:24:26 +0200

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 11:28:14PM -0700,
 [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote 

> 	Filename        : draft-irtf-hrpc-research-00.txt

I don't know if it was in the Markdown source, or because the workflow
has bugs, but some sentences are mangled.

5.3.2.1.5 :

> Does your protocol allow Unicode encoded in UTF-8 only,[missing
> something here]If other character sets /encodings are allowed, does
> your protocol mandates a proper tagging of the charset?

5.2.11 :

> The IETF can clearly play a role in bringing about some of these
> changes. it is important to consider that DDoS attacks are sometimes
> seen as a method for exercising freedom of speech [Sauter].
[then a repetition]
> Eventhough it is important to consider that DDoS attacks are
> sometimes seen as a method for exercising freedom of speech
> [Sauter].

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:46:08 +0200

Oops, I messed up when merging in Git. Fixed here now:

https://github.com/nllz/IRTF-HRPC/blob/master/draft-research.md

Cheers,

Niels

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

On 09/19/2016 10:24 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:54:23 -0400

Hi,

Thanks to Niels and Corrine for this update.

While I want to start the RGLC as soon as possible, I want to make sure
that anyone who is actively reviewing this draft before the RGLC, has a
chance to finish their review before the documents changes under them. 
Already got one request to hold until comments were sent in.  I have
asked the authors to hold off with a correct update until ongoing
reviews are in, or so delayed as to be worth including in the RGLC on
the -01.

Curious if anyone else in the 'in active review' situation.  If so,
please let me and/or the list know.    Hopefully any of these reviews
can come in within days to a week so we can take the next step.

Thanks

avri

> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus