Subject: [hrpc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05.txt

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 14:13:51 +0200

Hi all,

A new version of draft-political, with a thorough revision of the
structure and some edits.

I made a clearer differentiation between the mapping of the different
positions on the political nature and outcome of technology and the IETF
standards process.

There is also a new abstract and a new conclusion which answers the
research question.

Looking forward to discuss! If there are comments, am happy to make a
new version before IETF102.

Best,

Niels

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05.txt
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 05:00:25 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>, Amelia Andersdotter
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Niels ten Oever and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-tenoever-hrpc-political
Revision:	05
Title:		On the Politics of Standards
Document date:	2018-06-18
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		18
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tenoever-hrpc-political/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-political
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05

Abstract:
   The IETF cannot ordain which standards or protocols are to be used on
   network, but the standards developing process in the IETF has a
   normative effect.  Among other things the standardisation work at the
   IETF has implications on what is perceived as technologically
   possible and useful where networking technologies are being deployed,
   and its standards output reflect was is considered by the technical
   community as feasible and good practice.  Because mediates many
   aspects of modern life, and therefore contributes to the ordering of
   societies and communities, the consideration of the politics and
   (potential) impact of protocols should be part of the standardization
   and development process.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:50:14 -0400

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 8:14 AM Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-political-05
> Htmlized:

Minor nits:

Abstract

"Because mediates many"

Perhaps:
"Because it mediates many"

4.  Technology and Politics: a literature review

"Without judging them on their internal of external consistency they"

"of" -> "or"

4.3.  All protocols are political sometimes

"protocols can possible be predicted, on could at least consider the"

"on" -> "one"

4.4.  The network has its own logic and values

"This means that the network already contains constrains on what can be
deployed into it."

"constrains" -> "constraints"

7.  Conclusion

"undispited that standards and protocols are both product of a"

"undispited" -> "undisputed"

-- 
Bob Harold