Subject: [hrpc] New org, doc repository: https://github.com/IRTF-HRPC

From: Mallory Knodel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 16:02:57 +0300

Hi everyone,

I took the liberty of creating an organisation on Github called
IRTC-HRPC[0] and forked Niels' existing repository. I did it for two
reasons:

 * Makes sense to use the org feature rather than having any individual
with the RG's repo.
 * We can now have multiple repositories rather than just one for each
and every document.

So, to that end, my next move is to break up the existing IRTF-HRPC repo
(confusing I know bc it's now the name of the group!) into three
separate repositories:

 * General RG info: proposal, charter, readme
 * Meeting info: agendas, slides, etc.
 * I-Ds: all I-Ds, readme on I-D make.

On the last point, I wanted to get your feedback about making each I-D
its own repo. I looked at other IETF/IRTF Github instances and some do
this. So, separate or together?

My 2c: Separate means that contributors don't have to clone every single
I-D, just the one they care about.

Thanks,
-Mallory

[0] https://github.com/IRTF-HRPC
-- 
Mallory Knodel
Head of Digital :: article19.org
gpg fingerprint :: E3EB 63E0 65A3 B240 BCD9  B071 0C32 A271 BD3C C780

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 19:51:18 +0200

Hi Mallory,

Thanks a lot for overhauling my initial (and v bad) setup!

I just wanted to point out that Martin Thomson wrote a really good
set-up guide for an WG/RG repo which also allows for auto-building (and
submitting!) of drafts. So you might want to consider using this:

https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/doc/REPO.md

This has also been the topic of discussion of the last wgchairs session
in Montreal, you can find the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08bGE5QU4GA

Best,

Niels

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Researcher and PhD Candidate
Datactive Research Group
University of Amsterdam

PGP fingerprint	   2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3

---

From: Mallory Knodel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 13:27:23 +0300

Hi all,

I just made some changes: https://github.com/IRTF-HRPC

Might not be best practice, but it's a bit cleaner now.

-Mallory