Subject: [hrpc] On possible input for draft-guerra-feminism

From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:50:35 +0200

Dear folks

On the mic, I just supported the idea of having cases collected where
specific -- marginalized groups -- get deprived from their Human Rights
because of the design of (certain) Internet Protocols.

I also mentioned the book "Queer Privacy" by Sarah Jamie Lewis, which is
CC with us (for some possible interaction):

https://www.amazon.com/Queer-Privacy-Sarah-Jamie-Lewis/dp/1365978141

It's noteworthy Sarah is also creating tools to protect such
communities, like ctwch:

https://openprivacy.ca/blog/2018/06/28/announcing-cwtch/

Quote:

"[M]any tools collect information on us that can be used against us in
ways that are difficult to understand or predict. Nowhere is this impact
felt harder than in the marginalized communities which Open Privacy
exists to serve. We see only one solution to this problem: taking our
data back into our own hands, and removing the ability of service
providers to see our data at all. Today we announce the first step on
this long journey: Cwtch."

Greets

Hernani

PS@Sarah: For some context, check some HRPC resources:
- https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guerra-feminism-00
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8280/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/rg/hrpc/about/

-- 
p≡p foundation: https://pep.foundation/