Subject: [http-state] New version of Cookie v2 (RFC2965-bis proposal)

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:54:23 +0100

Hello all,

I have refreshed draft-pettersen-cookie-v2, my proposal for RFC2965-bis.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-05.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-05.txt has been  
successfuly submitted by Yngve Pettersen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-pettersen-cookie-v2
Revision:	 05
Title:		 HTTP State Management Mechanism v2
Creation_date:	 2010-03-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 30

Abstract:
This document specifies a way to create a stateful session with
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests and responses.  It
describes three HTTP headers, Cookie, Cookie2, and Set-Cookie2, which
carry state information between participating origin servers and user
agents.  The method described here differs from both Netscape's
Cookie proposal [Netscape], and [RFC2965], but it can, provided some
requirements are met, interoperate with HTTP/1.1 user agents that use
Netscape's method.  (See the HISTORICAL section.)

This document defines new rules for how cookies can be shared between
servers within a domain.  These new rules are intended to address
security and privacy concerns that are difficult to counter for
clients implementing Netscape's proposed rules or the rules specified
by RFC 2965.

This document reflects implementation experience with RFC 2965 and
obsoletes it.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

********************************************************************
Senior Developer                     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************