Subject: [httpapi] Finalizing RateLimit and preparing WGLC

From: Roberto Polli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 16:37:00 +0100

Dear all,

the RateLimit draft is lingering around for some time and continues to
receive feedback and attention from implementers.
Me and Alex think that the doc is in good shape, and that we're ready for a WGLC
after we tackle this last issue
https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/ratelimit-headers/pull/81

The issue is whether to split the quota-policy information conflated
in `RateLimit-Limit`
in another field `RateLimit-Policy`. This simplifies the field definition,
We'll then move from a sf-list (sf-integer, sf-item, ... sf-item)

~~~
RateLimit-Limit: 10,  10; w=10, 100; w=1000
~~~

to two fields, one sf-integer and one sf-dictionary

~~~
RateLimit-Policy: 10; w=10, 100; w=1000 # sf-dictionary
RateLimit-Limit: 10  # sf-integer
~~~

We're waiting for your feedback!
Kind regards,
Alex & Roberto