Subject: draft-reschke-http-addmember-00

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:09:55 +0100

Hi,

recently different communities (caldav/groupdav, atompup (protocol 
part)) have been discussing how to use HTTP to author new resources when 
the URL namespace is completely server-controlled, thus PUT just doesn't 
fit well.

A simple approach would be to define a new HTTP method which is *almost* 
like PUT, except that the server chooses the URL to create (and returns 
it in the Location header).

I've submitted a first draft as "draft-reschke-http-addmember-00". Note 
that it also contains an appendix covering possible alternative approaches.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

HTML version: 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-addmember-00.html>
Latest edits will be at: 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-addmember-latest.html

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760