Subject: Final CFP : IEEE ICDM'05

From: "ICDM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:11:17 +0900

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

==================================================================
Final Call for Papers

ICDM '05: The 5th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining

Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
27-30 November 2005

http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~icdm05/

(Papers Due: 15 June 2005)
===================================================================

The 2005 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (IEEE ICDM '05)
provides a premier forum for the dissemination of innovative,
practical development experiences as well as original research results
in data mining, spanning applications, algorithms, software and
systems. The conference draws researchers and application developers
from a wide range of data mining related areas such as statistics,
machine learning, pattern recognition, databases and data warehousing,
data visualization, knowledge-based systems and high performance
computing. By promoting high quality and novel research findings, and
innovative solutions to challenging data mining problems, the
conference seeks to continuously advance the state of the art in data
mining. As an important part of the conference, the workshops program
will focus on new research challenges and initiatives, and the
tutorials program will cover emerging data mining technologies and the
latest developments in data mining.

Topics of Interest
------------------

Topics related to the design, analysis and implementation of data
mining theory, systems and applications are of interest. These
include, but are not limited to the following areas:

   * Foundations of data mining
   * Data mining and machine learning algorithms and methods in traditional
     areas (such as classification, regression, clustering, probabilistic
     modeling, and association analysis), and in new areas
   * Mining text and semi-structured data, and mining temporal, spatial and
     multimedia data
   * Mining data streams
   * Pattern recognition and trend analysis
   * Collaborative filtering/personalization
   * Data and knowledge representation for data mining
   * Query languages and user interfaces for mining
   * Complexity, efficiency, and scalability issues in data mining
   * Data pre-processing, data reduction, feature selection and feature
     transformation
   * Post-processing of data mining results
   * Statistics and probability in large-scale data mining
   * Soft computing (including neural networks, fuzzy logic, evolutionary
     computation, and rough sets) and uncertainty management for data mining
   * Integration of data warehousing, OLAP and data mining
   * Human-machine interaction and visual data mining
   * High performance and parallel/distributed data mining
   * Quality assessment and interestingness metrics of data mining results
   * Security, privacy and social impact of data mining
   * Data mining applications in bioinformatics, electronic commerce, Web,
     intrusion detection, finance, marketing, healthcare, telecommunications
     and other fields

Conference Publications and ICDM Best Paper Awards
--------------------------------------------------

High quality papers in all data mining areas are solicited. Original
papers exploring new directions will receive especially careful and
supportive reviews. Papers that have already been accepted or are
currently under review at other conferences or journals will not be
considered for publication at ICDM '05.

Paper submissions should be limited to a maximum of 8 pages in the
IEEE 2-column format (see the IEEE Computer Society Press Proceedings
Author Guidelines at http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm),
and will be reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of
technical quality, relevance to data mining, originality,
significance, and clarity. Please use the Submission Form on the ICDM
'05 website to submit your paper.  Accepted papers will be published
in the conference proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society Press.

A selected number of IEEE ICDM '05 accepted papers will be invited for
possible inclusion, in an expanded and revised form, in the Knowledge
and Information Systems journal (http://www.cs.uvm.edu/~kais/)
published by Springer-Verlag.

IEEE ICDM Best Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference on the
authors of (1) the best research paper and (2) the best application
paper.  Application-oriented submissions will be considered for the
best application paper award.

Important Dates
---------------

       June 15, 2005  Paper submissions
                      Tutorial proposals
                      Workshop proposals
                      Panel proposals

     August 20, 2005  Paper acceptance notices
   September 7, 2005  Final camera-readies
   November 27, 2005  Tutorials and Workshops
November 28-30, 2005  Conference

All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Detailed
instructions are provided on the conference home page at
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~icdm05

Conference Co-Chairs:

   *  Vijay Raghavan, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
      ([email-masked])
   *  Rajeev Rastogi, Bell Laboratories, Lucent, USA
      ([email-masked])

Program Committee Chairs:

   * Jaiwei Han, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
     ([email-masked])
   * Benjamin Wah, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
     ([email-masked])

Program Committee Vice-Chairs:

   * Daniel Barbara, George Mason University, USA
   * Tamraparni Dasu, AT&T Research, USA
   * Inderjit Dhillon, University of Texas, USA
   * Venkatesh Ganti, Microsoft Research, USA
   * Bart Goethals, University of Antwerp, Belgium
   * Dimitris Gunopulos, University of California, Riverside, USA
   * George Karypis, University of Minnesota, USA
   * Hillol Kargupta, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
   * S. Muthu Muthukrishnan, Rutgers University, USA
   * Dino Pedreschi, University of Pisa, Italy
   * Jian Pei, Simon Fraser University, Canada
   * Raghu Ramakrishnan, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
   * Sunita Sarawagi, IIT-Bombay, India
   * Arno Siebes, Utrecht University, Netherlands
   * Jeffrey X. Yu, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Panels Chair/Co-Chair

   * Lee Giles, Pennsylvania State University, USA
     ([email-masked])
   * Gary Flake, Yahoo Research Labs, USA
     ([email-masked])

Publicity Chairs

   * Ning Zhong, Maebashi Institute of Technology, Japan
     ([email-masked])
   * Zonghuan Wu, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])

Proceedings Chair

   * Xindong Wu, University of Vermont, USA
     ([email-masked])

Registrations Chair/Co-chair

   * Elizabeth Diaz, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])
   * Ying Xie, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])

Workshops Chair

   * Pawan Lingras, Saint Mary's University, Canada
     ([email-masked])

Tutorials Chair

   * Haesun Park, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA
     ([email-masked])

Budget Manager

   * Biren Shah, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])

Local Arrangements Chair/Co-chairs

   * Elizabeth Diaz, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])
   * Anna Robin, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])
   * Anca Doloc-Mihu, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA
     ([email-masked])

ICDM Steering Committee

   * Max Bramer, University of Portsmouth (UK)
   * Nick Cercone, Dalhousie University (Canada)
   * Ramamohanarao Kotagiri, University of Melbourne (Australia)
   * Vipin Kumar, University of Minnesota (USA)
   * Katharina Morik, University of Dortmund (Germany)
   * Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, KDnuggets (USA)
   * Benjamin W. Wah, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (USA)
   * Xindong Wu (Chair), University of Vermont (USA)
   * Philip S. Yu, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center (USA)
   * Ning Zhong, Maebashi Institute of Technology (Japan)

Further Information

Vijay Raghavan
University of Louisiana, Lafayette, USA

Phone: 337-482-6603
Fax: 337-482-5791
E-mail: [email-masked]