Subject: Description section removed from charter?

From: "Michael(tm) Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:56:02 +0900

In looking at the httpbis charter today, I noticed that the
content of the "Description of Working Group" section now reads
just "No description available".

  http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/httpbis-charter.html

But that section previously had content, as in this cached copy
from 30 Jan 2008.

  http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:EGG5FQVX3aIJ:www.ietf.org/html.charters/httpbis-charter.html+http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/httpbis-charter.html

And that content matched the description of the group provided in
the 23 Oct 2007 announcement of the group from the IESG Secretary:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2007OctDec/0090.html

So, it seems that at some time after January 30, that content was
removed. Is there a reason why? Is the charter not meant to be a
static document? Were there objections to the wording or something?

  --Mike

P.S.: Apologies if this has already been discussed on the list or
elsewhere, but I checked the archive and didn't seem to be able to
find anything about it.

-- 
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/
http://sideshowbarker.net/

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:39:10 -0800 (PST)

This might be a side effect of the ietf services transition.
I'm guessing this is a database field not being filled in.

A reporting method was described on the ietf.org list if
someone can determine this was not an intentional change.

Dave Morris

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:14:20 -0800

I already reported it to ietf-action (it appears to affect all WGs,  
from a sample I took yesterday).

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/