Subject: HTTPBIS Summary

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:33:41 +1100

* Current issues being considered for closure:

The following issues may be closed soon. Please review the proposals  
and speak up (either in favour or against) soon.

- i76: Use Proxy <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/76>

- i105: Classification for Allow Header <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/105 

* Current issues being discussed:

   - i20: Default charsets for text media types - Previous resolution  
backed out. New proposal at <http://www.w3.org/mid/[email-masked] 
 >, which has seen some discussion; please have a look and comment  
soon (Roy, does the proposal stand as it is? I saw several suggestions  
in some followups).

   - i24: Requiring Allow in 405 Responses - Lots of meandering  
discussion, no firm direction yet. Please review proposals, make firm  
ones if you don't see one you like, and be prepared to back it up.  
This one doesn't deserve too much of our time, IMO.

   - i69: Requested Variant - complex issue that may need splitting  
up; see <http://www.w3.org/mid/[email-masked] 
 > and please comment.

   - i99: Pipelining - Dormant for a while, not much new input.  
Tentative proposal at <http://www.w3.org/mid/[email-masked] 
 >.

   - i101: Weak validator definition - Tentative proposal at <http://www.w3.org/mid/002001c84d84$13e4c240$3bae46c0$@org 
 >.

See also: <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/wiki/WikiStart>

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/