Subject: Nov 2nd - Social Web Camp in Santa Clara

From: Story Henry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:26:47 +0200

Dear HTTP Working Group,

    In April 2008, with help of members of this list, we discovered a  
very neat trick on how to combined HTTPS and the semantic web to  
create a simple global distributed authentication mechanism that uses  
only existing standards without inventing anything new. We called this  
foaf+ssl, and have been working hard on it since then, witness the wiki:

    http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl

For a 10 minute video presentation in ogg format (require Firefox 3.5)  
see the relevant video:

    http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/camping_and_hacking_at_har2009

For those in the Bay Area we will be discussing this on November 2nd  
in the following free Social Web Camp.

---

Please forward to interested parties, tweet, blog!

There will be a Social Web Camp in Sun Offices in Santa Clara on  
Monday November 2.

Imagine a world where everybody could participate easily in a  
distributed yet secure social web. In such a world people could place  
their photos, music, or other content on their web site
and give access to some of it to their friends, some to their family,  
the rest to their colleagues, and some even to the friends of their  
friends... How can one do this without requiring every participant to  
create one login for each of their friends site? How does one do this  
in a distributed and flexible manner? What issues would need to be  
solved to make this possible?

What existing technologies can we build on? What is missing? What  
could the W3C contribute? What could others do? To participate in the  
discussion and meet other people with similar interests, and push the  
discussion further visit the Santa Clara Social Web Camp wiki and  
registration page.

http://barcamp.org/SocialWebCamp-Santa-Clara

When: Monday, 2nd of November 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Where:
	The Auditorium at Sun's Campus,
	4030 George Sellon Circle
	Santa Clara,
	95054 California

Henry Story

Social Web Architect
Sun Microsystems		
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish