Subject: Duplicate Referrer Header - HTTP.sys barfs - Stack Overflow

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:14:17 +0100

See 
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1715138/duplicate-referrer-header-http-sys-barfs>:

it appears IIS has started rejecting request with duplicate Referer 
headers; does anybody know whether this applies to similar kinds of 
broken requests?

BR, Julian

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:11:30 -0800 (PST)

My first question would be whether this has been confirmed on a different 
IIS installation? Or if it is a new issue or just discovered because of 
the particular application situation?

Dave Morris

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:

> it appears IIS has started rejecting request with duplicate Referer headers; 
> does anybody know whether this applies to similar kinds of broken requests?
>
> BR, Julian
>

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:00:12 -0800

I've seen it with duplicate Host headers (which makes more sense, at  
least).

On 11/11/2009, at 10:14 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> See <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1715138/duplicate-referrer-header-http-sys-barfs 
> >:
>

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:01:34 +0100

> I've seen it with duplicate Host headers (which makes more sense, at 

Using Mark's tool...:

<http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmsdn.microsoft.com%2Fxyz&req_hdr=Referer%3A%2Fx&req_hdr=Referer%3A%2Fy>

So it appears IIS 7.0 does this already.

BR, Julian