Subject: proposal for issue #178

From: Yves Lafon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

Here is the proposal for issue #178 [1] on Content-MD5 and partial 
content, based on earlier discussions on the mailing list and during 
Stockholm's IETF meeting:

In part 5, section 3.1. 206 Partial Content
Old:
<<
    If the 206 response is the result of an If-Range request, the
    response SHOULD NOT include other entity-headers.  Otherwise, the
    response MUST include all of the entity-headers that would have been
    returned with a 200 (OK) response to the same request.
New:
<<
    If the 206 response is the result of an If-Range request, the
    response SHOULD NOT include other entity-headers.  Otherwise, the
    response MUST include all of the entity-headers that would have been
    returned with a 200 (OK) response to the same request, except for
    Content-MD5 that MUST NOT be present.

    Recipients MUST ignore Content-MD5 on 206 responses; Caches MUST strip
    Content-MD5 when caching or combining 206 responses with existing
    cached content.

[1] http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/178

-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves