Subject: Updated BOHE I-D...

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:08:28 -0800

As I've been working through the issues of header encoding and
implementing the delta mechanism in java, I've been working on an
updated version of the bohe draft that pulls concepts from delta but
does not rely on stored compression state. I have documented the
updated approach here:

  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-snell-httpbis-bohe-02.txt

It draws heavily on bits of the conversations that we've had on list.

Please consider this still to be a work in progress and is intended
primarily for discussion and evaluation purposes. The key advantages
of this approach are that it is *significantly* easier to implement
than delta (by an order of magnitude) and depends on absolutely no
stored compression state. The key disadvantage is that it is
fundamentally JUST an encoding mechanism, it doesn't really define the
compression mechanism.

I will provide an updated impl for the compression-tests later this week.

As always, comments are welcome.

- James