Subject: Memento Internet Draft, new version

From: Herbert van de Sompel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:14:45 -0700

Dear all,

A new version of the Memento "Time Travel for the Web" Internet Draft
is available:

txt version - http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-vandesompel-memento-06.txt
html version - http://www.mementoweb.org/guide/rfc/ID/

This new version is significantly reorganized as a result of feedback
received. It details various patterns to support Memento's datetime
negotiation. Previous versions of the I-D were based on the notion of a
remote TimeGate and 302 style negotiation. This version adds local
TimeGates and 200 style negotiation. As a result, Memento can be
supported in many more ways than previously specified, while existing
implementations based on prior versions of the I-D remain compatible.

As always, feedback is very welcome.

Greetings

Herbert Van de Sompel

-- 
Herbert Van de Sompel
Digital Library Research & Prototyping
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Research Library
http://public.lanl.gov/herbertv/

==