Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-06

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:01:31 +0100

Hi,

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-06
I think it would be good to reference "IANA HTTP Authentication Scheme
Registry" earlier in the document, e.g. a "[authschemes]" reference in
the Introduction. If "Hypertext Transfer Protocol" is then struck from
the Introduction, it would even be a little bit different from the text
in the Abstract, which would be a good and necessary thing.

In Appendix A the formatting of the table is confusing, there should be
an empty or "---" line to separate rows (e.g., is "Bearer Digest" one
scheme? That's not immediately clear). I also note "Bearer" does not in-
dicate a section number while the others do.

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:54:33 +0100

> in the Abstract, which would be a good and necessary thing.

The sole purpose of this document is to instruct IANA to perform 
registrations. I don't think that we need to spend time tuning the prose 
of the abstract.

> an empty or "---" line to separate rows (e.g., is "Bearer Digest" one

That's what xml2rfc produces. Also: see above.

> dicate a section number while the others do.

Can you suggest a specific section it *should* reference?

Best regards, Julian