Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-22

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:23:51 +0100

Hi,

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-22 In Appendix C
the collected ABNF requires re-formatting and seems to be at odds with
the rest of the draft, for instance, section 4.4 defines

   WWW-Authenticate = 1#challenge

but in Appendix C it's 

   WWW-Authenticate = *( "," OWS ) challenge *( OWS "," [ OWS challenge
    ] )

This should be explained at the beginning of Appendix C.

In section 5.3 there is 'The change controller is: "IETF ([email-masked])
- Internet Engineering Task Force"'. Is that the recommended way to re-
fer to the IETF in cases like this these days?

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:57:52 +0100

> This should be explained at the beginning of Appendix C.

That's by design (list rule being expanded), but you are right that this 
should be explained.

> fer to the IETF in cases like this these days?

Dunno. We will find out once this gets to the IESG.

Best regards, Julian