Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional-22

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:52:33 +0100

Hi,

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional-22 in
section 2.3.3. several examples use `Content-Type: text/plain` with-
out a charset parameter. Since HTTP no longer defines a default and
text/plain does not allow inline labels, this is non-interoperable,
so a charset parameter should be added or a different type be used.

The examples also use `Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2010 ...` which seems to
have been a Friday.

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:14:32 +0100

> so a charset parameter should be added or a different type be used.

But the media type text/plain *does* have a default (of US-ASCII).

> The examples also use `Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2010 ...` which seems to

Ack. <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/437>

Best regards, Julian