Subject: WGLC: p7 editorial nits

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:12:51 -0400

Hi All,

The document seems to use the term "mechanism" interchangeably to mean 3 
different things: the framework described by p7, auth schemes that use 
this framework, and different forms of 
authentication/credential-caching/protection-space-establishment that 
are outside the scope of the document.  I think the following changes 
would make the text more consistent throughout.

Sec 1, para 2:  "mechanisms" -> "schemes"

Sec 2.1, para 1: "mechanism" -> "framework"

Sec 2.1, second last para: change first occurrance of "mechanism" to 
"framework".  All others remain as-is.

Regards,
Ken

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:22:45 +0100

> "framework".  All others remain as-is.

Good catch. -> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/2211>

Best regards, Julian