Subject: WGLC: p6 editorial nits

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:17:54 -0400

Hi All,

Sec 7.2, last sentence: "... otherwise stated otherwise." -> "... unless 
stated otherwise."

I'm also wondering if draft-snell-http-prefer 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-http-prefer> can have any effect 
on the cacheability of responses to PUT/POST, namely a response that 
includes Preference-Applied:return=representation.  Since the purpose of 
return=representation is to eliminate the need for a subsequent GET, it 
would seem to me that the response could be used to update a cache.  The 
current language in p2 and p6 doesn't appear to leave any wiggle room 
for an "extension" such as Prefer.  Of course, I'm the farthest thing 
from a HTTP cache expert and might have missed such text and/or don't 
understand the implications of allowing such a thing.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University