Subject: ALPN RFC

From: Simone Bordet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:55:07 +0200

Hi,

I would like to ask what would be the timeframe for ALPN to exit draft
status and become an official RFC.

The reason is that I tried to gently push the start of the work to
support ALPN in Java, and I got responded that while it's on radar,
not much will be done until it's a ratified RFC, see
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2014-June/000878.html

Thanks !

-- 
Simone Bordet
http://bordet.blogspot.com
---
Finally, no matter how good the architecture and design are,
to deliver bug-free software with optimal performance and reliability,
the implementation technique must be flawless.   Victoria Livschitz

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:03:06 +0200

> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2014-June/000878.html

a) You should ask the TLS WG, not us.

b) That being said, it has been approved; see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg/>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Amos Jeffries <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:17:34 +1200

> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg/>.

Are those IPR claims going to be a problem?
FWIW, (and not having loked past the dates) it looks like a dodgy patent
given the date of filing for the patent vs the dates on
draft-badra-hajjeh-mtls-00.

Amos