Subject: Client Behavior for SETTINGS_TIMEOUT

From: Jason Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:40:49 -0500

I was just wondering what client implementers on this list are currently doing in the face of a SETTINGS_TIMEOUT. Is it handled gracefully (retry after acking which seems the intention)?

--
Jason T. Greene
WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:20:47 -0400

hey Jason -

SETTINGS_TIMEOUT is a connection error - so all streams and the session
need to be torn dorn. There is really nothing to ack at that point.. any
non-idempotent transactions in flight are retried (where possible) on
another connection only if the last-stream-id in the goaway indicates its
safe to do so. Basically its handled exactly like a PROTOCOL_ERROR

-P

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Jason Greene <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I was just wondering what client implementers on this list are currently
> doing in the face of a SETTINGS_TIMEOUT. Is it handled gracefully (retry
> after acking which seems the intention)?
>
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene