Subject: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, "8.2.1 Push Requests"

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:22:10 +0100

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16.html#rfc.section.8.2.1.p.4>:

"If a client receives a PUSH_PROMISE that does not include a complete 
and valid set of header fields, or the :method header field identifies a 
method that is not safe, it MUST respond with a stream error (Section 
5.4.2) of type PROTOCOL_ERROR."

New safe methods can be defined. Does this mean that the client needs to 
respond with a stream error for methods *not known to be safe*?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:08:04 -0800

https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/679

In addition to the "not known to be safe" thing, this highlights
something that isn't perfectly clear here.  The PROTOCOL_ERROR needs
to be on the promised stream, otherwise servers could be effectively
prevented from using new safe methods for push promise.

On 13 January 2015 at 07:22, Julian Reschke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "If a client receives a PUSH_PROMISE that does not include a complete and
> valid set of header fields, or the :method header field identifies a method
> that is not safe, it MUST respond with a stream error (Section 5.4.2) of
> type PROTOCOL_ERROR."
>