Subject: Barry Leiba's Discuss on status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 06:26:08 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-status-code-308-ps/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've removed this from the telechat, and am likely to abandon it in
favour of the bis document, to accommodate the minor change that Adrian
is asking for: I agree that the change would be good, and, despite the
appeal (in the good sense) of using status-change in this way, I think
it's turning out to be impractical, as the chances that an Experimental
document can really be moved to Standards Track with no changes to the
body at all are pretty low.