Subject: The Road Ahead for draft-ietf-httpbis-replay

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:14:36 +0000 (UTC)

wrt: http://httpwg.org/http-extensions/replay.html

The httpbis wg adopted this draft about 3 weeks ago and I feel like this
one has the potential to move on a fast clip through the working group
process. This would be positive in this case as we're seeing initial
deployments of TLS 1.3 0RTT (for which the HTTP interactions are a key
consideration of the draft), and were a number of expressions of
implementer interest during the CfA.

I'm going to ask the working group to have a read of the current draft and
open any issues. If you don't have any issues, it would be a helpful signal
to the group to just send a note to the list indicating you have reviewed
the document and that's the case. If things go well I hope we can have a
final group discussion and review any implementation experience in
Singapore and start working group last call at that time. And of course, if
we need more time we'll take more time.

-Patrick <chair hat>

---

From: Victor Vasiliev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:28:26 -0400

Is there an early code point allocation for the HTTP Too Early error yet?
I don't expect any implementations to appear until we have one.

---

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:48:56 +0200

> I don't expect any implementations to appear until we have one.

There seems to be some consensus around 425 though it's not officially
assigned yet.

Regards,
Willy