Subject: RFC 8470 on Using Early Data in HTTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 08:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8470

        Title:      Using Early Data in HTTP 
        Author:     M. Thomson,
                    M. Nottingham,
                    W. Tarreau
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25880
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-replay-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8470

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8470

Using TLS early data creates an exposure to the possibility of a
replay attack.  This document defines mechanisms that allow clients
to communicate with servers about HTTP requests that are sent in
early data.  Techniques are described that use these mechanisms to
mitigate the risk of replay.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC