Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 03:42:11 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+3/-7/💬9)
  3 issues created:
  - SEMANTICS uses named references inconsistently (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/815 
  - Definintion of authority-form in Messaging must require host:port (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/806 [h1-messaging] 
  - What is the scheme of OPTIONS * ? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/801 

  4 issues received 9 new comments:
  - #815 SEMANTICS uses named references inconsistently (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/815 
  - #801 What is the scheme of OPTIONS * ? (4 by martinthomson, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/801 
  - #788 Who must normalise URIs? (2 by ByteEater-pl, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/788 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #715 Unknown preconditions aren't safe (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/715 [semantics] 

  7 issues closed:
  - SEMANTICS uses named references inconsistently https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/815 
  - Trailers header field doesn't need to be hop-by-hop https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/793 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - CONNECT and prospective data https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/780 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Who must normalise URIs? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/788 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Default value for Host https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/722 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Whitespace is not removed from field values in HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/697 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - What is the scheme of OPTIONS * ? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/801 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Typo in 3.2.2 of Signatures v 0.2 (by bblfish)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1436 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #1194 Expiration not needed (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1194 [signatures] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Setting :scheme for OPTIONS * (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/831 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #828 incorrect requirements for pseudo header field mapping for asterisk form (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/828 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+10/-10/💬13)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify edge case of If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since for retrieval requests like GET (fixes #800) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/816 [semantics] 
  - Clarify edge case of If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since for retrieval requests like GET (fixes #800) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/814 [semantics] 
  - provide a definition for the close connection option under 1.1 tear-down (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/813 
  - Clarify normalisation  (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/812 
  - Explicitly require TE to be listed in Connection (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/811 
  - Note that Trailers isn't hop-by-hop (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/810 
  - Clarify status of data after CONNECT headers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/808 
  - use uri-host:port to define the authority form (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/807 [h1-messaging] 
  - typo fix (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/805 
  - clarify how the target URI is extracted from 1.1 request (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/802 

  5 pull requests received 13 new comments:
  - #816 Clarify edge case of If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since for retrieval requests like GET (fixes #800) (5 by liyishuai, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/816 [semantics] 
  - #814 Clarify edge case of If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since for retrieval requests like GET (fixes #800) (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/814 [semantics] 
  - #794 Change HTTP messages to <sourcecode> (3 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/794 [waiting] 
  - #791 whitespace removal is at time of use, not parsing (3 by mnot, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/791 
  - #732 Make Host directly mandatory (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/732 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - provide a definition for the close connection option under 1.1 tear-down
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/813 
  - Note that Trailer isn't hop-by-hop
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/810 
  - Clarify status of data after CONNECT headers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/808 
  - Explicitly require TE to be listed in Connection
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/811 
  - Clarify normalisation 
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/812 
  - Change HTTP messages to <sourcecode>
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/794 [waiting] 
  - clarify how the target URI is extracted from 1.1 request
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/802 
  - use uri-host:port to define the authority form
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/807 [h1-messaging] 
  - typo fix
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/805 
  - whitespace removal is at time of use, not parsing
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/791 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Add a missing negation (reason phrases) (by ePaul)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1437 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #1420 RFC 6265bis: Specify handling of CTL characters in set-cookie-string (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1420 [6265bis] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+3/-0/💬0)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - SETTINGS_ENABLE_PUSH from the server (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/833 
  - :scheme is just the scheme (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/832 
  - Rewrite :authority description (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/830 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec