Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 02:37:44 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+4/-6/💬23)
  4 issues created:
  - review references from SEMANTICS to MESSAGING for normativity (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/795 [semantics] 
  - Trailers header field doesn't need to be hop-by-hop (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/793 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 
  - 421 - how many retries? (by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/789 
  - Who must normalise URIs? (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/788 [semantics] 

  5 issues received 23 new comments:
  - #789 421 - how many retries? (3 by annevk, mnot, yutakahirano)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/789 [semantics] 
  - #788 Who must normalise URIs? (13 by ByteEater-pl, annevk, martinthomson, mnot, reschke, royfielding, timbray)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/788 [semantics] 
  - #780 CONNECT and prospective data (4 by MikeBishop, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/780 [semantics] 
  - #744 Semantics: 9.2.2 Idempotent Methods (2 by mnot, wenbozhu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/744 [semantics] 
  - #697 Whitespace is not removed from field values in HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/697 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Is -messaging part of the core definition of HTTP? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/690 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - review references from SEMANTICS to MESSAGING for normativity https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/795 [semantics] 
  - WGLC: Mid-stream trailers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/740 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Semantics: 9.2.2 Idempotent Methods https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/744 [semantics] 
  - field-value production rules out CTL characters, but these are common in the wild https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/683 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - 421 - how many retries? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/789 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-1/💬4)
  1 issues created:
  - RFC6265bis Spec does not match Lax-Allowing-Unsafe behavior implemented in Chrome and Firefox (by sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1422 

  4 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #1417 Cache-Status: Defining New Proxy-Status Parameters (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1417 
  - #1410 backward compatibility for current http-signatures implementations (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1410 [signatures] 
  - #1390 Signature: Invalid SFV format for Signature-Input field (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1390 [signatures] 
  - #1303 signatures: asterisk preceding some content identifiers (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1303 [signatures] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Cache-Status: Defining New Proxy-Status Parameters https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1417 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-0/💬2)
  1 issues created:
  - Tweaking registry policies (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/826 

  1 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #826 Tweaking registry policies (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/826 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+5/-5/💬7)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove unneeded normative references to MESSAGING  (fixes #795) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/796 
  - Change HTTP messages to <sourcecode> (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/794 
  - Remove mid-stream trailers (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/792 
  - whitespace removal is at time of use, not parsing (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/791 
  - Remove remaining normative refs to HTTP/1.1 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/790 

  5 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #794 Change HTTP messages to <sourcecode> (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/794 
  - #791 whitespace removal is at time of use, not parsing (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/791 
  - #790 Remove remaining normative refs to HTTP/1.1 (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/790 
  - #783 Relax invalid characters in field values (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/783 
  - #732 Make Host directly mandatory (2 by royfielding, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/732 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Network congestion or server load
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/724 
  - Remove TRACE requirement on message/http media type (last normative ref to HTTP/1.1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/790 
  - Remove unneeded normative references to MESSAGING  (fixes #795)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/796 
  - Remove mid-stream trailers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/792 
  - Restore recipient requirements for invalid characters in field values
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/783 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-1/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - README: Show included parts of cookie incrementalism (by sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1421 
  - RFC 6265bis: Specify handling of CTL characters in set-cookie-string (by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1420 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #1421 README: Show included parts of cookie incrementalism (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1421 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - README: Show included parts of cookie incrementalism
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1421 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec