Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 07:34:12 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-3/💬44)
  1 issues created:
  - 13. -----A client SHOULD NOT generate content in a GET request.  ContentFP: The text could add something for when it is acceptable or expected to make sense (so why this is a SHOULD). (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/904 

  6 issues received 44 new comments:
  - #904 Content on GET: requirement strength (25 by MikeBishop, martinthomson, mnot, reschke, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/904 [semantics] 
  - #895 Mid-stream error semantics? (1 by tigt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/895 
  - #879 Should servers interpret Transfer-Encoding in 1.0 requests? (11 by icing, kazuho, mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/879 [h1-messaging] 
  - #859 Éric Vyncke's COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 (3 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/859 [semantics] 
  - #851 Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 (3 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/851 [semantics] 
  - #832 Validation request formation and Vary (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/832 [caching] [has-proposal] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Validation request formation and Vary https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/832 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Éric Vyncke's COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/859 [semantics] 
  - Roman Danyliw COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/854 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-7/💬17)
  1 issues created:
  - priority: prefer s/MAY/can/ for what extensions could do (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1571 

  11 issues received 17 new comments:
  - #1568 AD review for bcp56bis (3 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1568 [bcp56bis] 
  - #1564 AD review for cache-status (5 by fpalombini, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1564 [cache-header] 
  - #1554 [SIGNATURES] Clarify Host vs :authority in canonicalization (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1554 [signatures] 
  - #1550 How are DATAGRAM frames prioritized? (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1550 [priorities] 
  - #1536 @request-target doesn't encode the request target (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1536 [signatures] 
  - #1533 Registration policy for digest algorithm values (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1533 [digest-headers] 
  - #1530 Fix or replace table for request-target (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1530 [signatures] 
  - #1196 Support expected authority changes (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1196 [signatures] 
  - #1195 Define more content identifiers (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1195 [signatures] 
  - #1189 Reconcile Date header and Creation Time (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1189 [signatures] 
  - #1180 No percent-encoding normalization of path/query (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1180 [signatures] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Define more content identifiers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1195 [signatures] 
  - No percent-encoding normalization of path/query https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1180 [signatures] 
  - Fix or replace table for request-target https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1530 [signatures] 
  - [SIGNATURES] Clarify Host vs :authority in canonicalization https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1554 [signatures] 
  - @request-target doesn't encode the request target https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1536 [signatures] 
  - AD review for cache-status https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1564 [cache-header] 
  - The priority extension doesn't mention the CONNECT method https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1495 [priorities] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 issues closed:
  - Target URIs https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/867 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+4/-3/💬9)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - clarify that Accept-Ranges can be sent by any server (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/902 [semantics] 
  - (editorial) Instead of potential transition, describe why servers accept absolute-form (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/901 [h1-messaging] 
  - (editorial) tweaks inspired by kaduk suggestions from IESG review (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/900 
  - forked suggestions by kaduk with further edits (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/899 [semantics] 

  4 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #902 clarify that Accept-Ranges can be sent by any server (4 by mnot, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/902 [semantics] 
  - #882 Accept-Ranges is for Origin Servers (3 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/882 
  - #874 Editorial suggestions from Benjamin Kaduk's IESG review (cache) (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/874 
  - #870 Editorial suggestions from Benjamin Kaduk's IESG review (-semantics) (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/870 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - clarify that Accept-Ranges can be sent by any server
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/902 [semantics] 
  - Editorial suggestions from Benjamin Kaduk's IESG review (-messaging)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/872 
  - Roman Danyliw COMMENT draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16  (for #854)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/855 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-5/💬3)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - priority: changelog 04 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1570 

  2 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #1565 added new specialty content fields, fix request-target (2 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1565 [signatures] 
  - #1544 priorities: CONNECT can be prioritized too (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1544 [priorities] 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Add request/response binding
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1566 [signatures] 
  - added new specialty content fields, fix request-target
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1565 [signatures] 
  - Fix: #1377. Reboot digest-algorithm values registry.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1567 [digest-headers] 
  - priority: changelog 04
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1570 
  - priorities: CONNECT can be prioritized too
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1544 [priorities] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+2/-3/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - HTTP work (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/874 
  - A simple, but manual, s/bit \d/the XXX Flag/ (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/873 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #874 HTTP work (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/874 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - HTTP work
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/874 
  - A simple, but manual, s/bit \d/the XXX Flag/
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/873 
  - Change log for character validation
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/872 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec