Subject: Revised HTTP core specifications submitted (drafts 17)

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 11:58:25 -0700

Hello,

We have submitted a revised set of HTTP core specifications (drafts 17)
that address all of the comments received during IESG review.

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics/
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache/
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging/

with hypertext versions at

  https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-17.html
  https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-17.html
  https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-17.html

and side-by-side diffs since 16 at

  https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_semantics_frfc_to_17.html
  https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_cache_frfc_to_17.html
  https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_messaging_frfc_to_17.html

and word diffs since the (rearranged) RFC723x at

  https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_semantics_frfc_to_17.html
  https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_cache_frfc_to_17.html
  https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_messaging_frfc_to_17.html

and if you are interested in tracking all of the changes, see the
full change history and issues at

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-core

Thanks for all of your comments,

....Roy T. Fielding, Senior Principal Scientist, Adobe

---

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 05:03:47 +0200

Hi Roy,

>   https://httpwg.org/http-core/diffs/diff_messaging_frfc_to_17.html

These are in fact the diffs from RFC723x. These ones do work for me
however:

   https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-16&url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-17
   https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-16&url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-17
   https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-16&url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-17

Thanks,
Willy