Subject: Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 06:38:55 -0800

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Maria Ines Robles for their General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) review
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gen-art/k0c2L3WOP5A_dxSAHzy6PkmoHvw).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 1. , paragraph 3, nit:
> have their own needs that are independent from client needs, so they often co
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The usual collocation for "independent" is "of", not "from". Did you mean
"independent of"?

Section 1. , paragraph 4, nit:
> s as input into prioritization decision making. The design and implementatio
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The noun "decision-making" (= the process of deciding something) is spelled
with a hyphen.

Section 5. , paragraph 4, nit:
> ream, allowing them to be sent independent from the stream that carries the r
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The usual collocation for "independent" is "of", not "from". Did you mean
"independent of"?

Section 7.2. , paragraph 9, nit:
> ded value. This is different from the the request header field, in which omi
>                                   ^^^^^^^
Two determiners in a row. Choose either "the" or "the".

Section 8. , paragraph 9, nit:
>  SHOULD be served by sharing bandwidth amongst them. Incremental resources a
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Do not mix variants of the same word ("amongst" and "among") within a single
text.

Section 10. , paragraph 3, nit:
> t generation order might lead to sub-optimal results at the client, as early
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
This word is normally spelled as one.

Section 13.2. , paragraph 2, nit:
> n registers the following entry in the the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Two determiners in a row. Choose either "the" or "the".

These URLs point to tools.ietf.org, which is being deprecated:
 * http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/83/slides/slides-83-httpbis-5.pdf

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:58:59 +0000

Hi Lars,

Thanks for these. I've addressed them in
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1870

Cheers
Lucas