Subject: http-core spec publication soonish

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 08:36:34 +0200

Friends of HTTP,

the http core specs are very very very close to be published.

They are part of a "publication cluster" which includes the already
published QUIC documents, but also HTTP/2 and HTTP/3.

See:

   <https://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C430>

Compared to the IESG-approved versions (-19) of the core spec, we have
mostly editorial changes. See:

<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-latest-from-previous.diff.html>

<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-latest-from-previous.diff.html>

<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-latest-from-previous.diff.html>

There were two PRs that go beyond editorial, please see:

   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/1012>

and

   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/1045>

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 09:26:18 +0200

> published QUIC documents, but also HTTP/2 and HTTP/3.

(...)
I'm impatient to see these published. Congrats to the editors for
handling this tedious task over the time, and for managing to further
improve the documents' quality!

Kind regards,
Willy

---

From: Daniel Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:04:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> I'm impatient to see these published. Congrats to the editors for handling 
> this tedious task over the time, and for managing to further improve the 
> documents' quality!

Hear hear. Impressive work all around!

-- 

  / daniel.haxx.se