Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 03:09:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Digest Fields
        Authors         : Roberto Polli
                          Lucas Pardue
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers-08.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   This document defines HTTP fields that support integrity digests.
   The Repr-Digest field can be used for the integrity of HTTP
   representations.  The Content-Digest field can be used for the
   integrity of HTTP message content.  Want-Repr-Digest and Want-
   Content-Digest can be used to indicate a sender's interest and
   preferences for receiving the respective Integrity fields.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3230 and the Digest and Want-Digest HTTP
   fields.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers-08.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:19:37 +0000

Hello HTTP WG,

Please see the latest announcement for
draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers-08. I was a little to trigger happy in
publishing this and overlooked including the changelog update in the doc.
The major change compared to 07 here is a switch to Structured Fields and
renaming Digest and Want-Digest (the fields for representation digests) to
Repr-Digest and Want-Repr-Digest.

I anticipate we'll need another draft with some editorial fixups and then
we'll be good to run WGLC once again.

Cheers
Lucas