Subject: RE: draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-05.txt

From: "Dan romascanu DVP-TA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 98 10:59:45 +0300

>The feedback I have heard from developers, both of apps and agents, is 
>that they hate the current scheme in the MAU MIB.  I guess I'm saying
>that we need to be open to feedback from implementors if we expect to
>see apps actually use these MIBs.  Otherwise, we wind up with vendors
>continuing to do their management and config thru private MIBs, only
>usable by their own apps.

I would encourage those developers you mention to step forward and answer 
our Implementation Experience questionnaire. It's on the list for two 
weeks, with only of couple of responses being forwarded to me until now. 

If this was not made clear enough, I will reassess that we expect 
implementors of MAU management applications to answer, even if their 
adherence to the MAU MIB RFC is minimal or null. Responses like 'I would 
love to implement the MAU MIB, but I cannot use it in its present form 
because....' are of high interest.

Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Dan Romascanu,
Systems Architecture Group Manager,
LANNET Ltd.,
Voice: 972-3-645-8414, e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------