Subject: WG Status

From: "Dan romascanu DVP-TA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 98 8:28:46 +0300

Hi all,

1. draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-07.txt was issued during the last 
weekend. This is probably the text that will go to RFC form, if no 
surprises arise during the IESG Last Call. John Flick deserves all our 
thanks and aplauses for the patience and competence he proved while doing 
all the edits. For those of you wondering about the rationale of the last 
three drafts issued during the last month, we went through a bunch of 
editorial changes, in order to accomodate the IESG requirements and 
answer to the Area Directors questions concerning the security and 
copyright sections, the method of registration of the chipsets, and the 
relationship to the future work in the Gigabit Ethernet field. The 
changes log was moved now to Annex A. 

2. After this draft goes to Proposed, we will need to discuss how to 
evoluate the method of new chipsets registration. This is one action item 
that resulted from our dialogue with the Area Directors. I will shortly 
issue a separate e-mail on this subject.

3. Please hurry everybody and answer to the Inplementation Survey of RFC 
2109 (Repeater MIB) and RFC 2238 (MAU MIB). I would like to setup the 
last date for receiving the answers for June 26, so that we can meet the 
June milestone in the Charter. I know there are several implementors out 
there who did not yet fill in the answers, do not wait from me to come 
after you!

Thanks and Regards,

Dan
Chair, Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Dan Romascanu,
Systems Architecture Group Manager,
LANNET Ltd.,
Voice: 972-3-645-8414, e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------