Subject: [Hubmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 07:27:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Request to Move RFC 1643 to Historic Status
	Author(s)	: J. Flick, C. Heard
	Filename	: draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 02-May-02
	
RFC 1643, 'Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like
Interface Types', currently STD 50, is inadequate for managing the
Ethernet interface types that have been developed since 1994.  The
most up-to-date version of that specification, RFC xxxx, is currently
a Proposed Standard.  In order to encourage implementors to use that
version of the specification instead of RFC 1643, this document
requests that RFC 1643 be moved to Historic status.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 3 May 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.  This draft is a work item of the Ethernet Interfaces
> and Hub MIB Working Group of the IETF.
> 

With Dan's permission John Flick and I have posted this as a WG draft,
and we would like to hear opinions (pro or con) as to whether this
request ought to be forwarded to the IESG by the WG.

Regards,

Mike Heard

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

Regards,

Mike Heard