Subject: [Hubmib] New WIS MIB draft now available

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:10:04 -0800 (PST)

Hub MIB and AToM MIB WG members,

The latest WIS MIB draft, which was submitted yesterday, is now
available at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-wis-mib-06.txt

The I-D actually made its appearance in the repository before the
official announcement, which can be expected to arrive shortly.

Here is what has changed since the previous version:

1.) Names of WIS MIB design team members other than the editor
now appear in a Contributors section with (updated) contact
information, rather than on the front page.

2.) References to RFC 2570bis were updated to point to RFC 3410,
which was published in late December.

3.) Working group mailing list information was added to the
CONTACT-INFO clause of the MODULE-IDENTITY invocation, as
requested by Bert Wijnen.

4.) The dates in the LAST-UPDATED and REVISION clauses of the
MODULE-IDENTITY invocation were updated.

5.) The Intellectual Property section was relocated.

6.) The working group names in the Acknowlegments section were
corrected.

7.) The part of the Security Considerations section dealing with
read-only objects was wordsmithed to align with the latest
agreed-on Security guidelines, and some typos in the last part
were fixed.

8.) References [SONETng], [ETHERIF], and [MAU-MIB] were updated to
point to <draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-01.txt>, <draft-ietf-
hubmib-etherif-mib-v3-02.txt>, and <draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v3-
02.txt>, respectively.

9.) All references to multi-author RFCs were updated to conform to
the style used in recently published RFCs.

10.) The "To-Do List" was replaced with a "NOTES TO RFC Editor"
section.

I've checked the document against http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html
and believe that conforms to those guidelines, modulo forthcoming
updates to the effect that no IANA considerations is needed just to
request an OID for a MIB module and that warnings from smilint -9
about names > 32 characters can be ignored.

As far as I'm aware there are no outstanding issues left, and I
believe that the document is ready for the next step in the process.

WG editors and chairs please note that the following three normative
references need to be progressed to Proposed Standard or higher prior
to or simultaneously with the WIS MIB document in order for it to be
published as an RFC:

[SONETng]   Tesink, K., "Definitions of Managed Objects for the
            SONET/SDH Interface Type", <draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-
            01.txt>, work in progress.

[ETHERIF]   Flick, J., "Definitions of Managed Objects for the
            Ethernet-like Interface Types", <draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-
            mib-v3-02.txt>, work in progress.

[MAU-MIB]   Flick, J., "Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3
            Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)", <draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-
            mib-v3-02.txt>, work in progress.

As subscribers to the AToM MIB list are aware, updated versions of
[SONETng] (and the PerfHistTC-MIB document on which it depends)
appeared in the I-D repository earlier this week:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2493bis-01.txt

These drafts addressed Bert Wijnen's review comments and to the best of
my knowledge closed all the open issues with the documents (corrections
are welcome if that's not the case).  In addition, the implementation
reports required for advancement to Draft Standard have been submitted
to the IESG secretary and responsible ADs and are available on the IETF
web site.  So, as long there are no unexpected delays in the process
these documents should create no delays in publishing the WIS MIB.

Updates to [ETHERIF] and [MAU-MIB] to address A-D review comments have
not yet appeared but presumably are forthcoming.  These updates will be
needed before the WIS MIB can be published.

Thanks and regards,

Mike
--
C. M. Heard
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib