Subject: [Hubmib] Discovery and Aggregation operation in EFM-CU-MIB

From: Edward Beili <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:42:05 +0200

I would like to discuss the following problem related to
Discovery and Aggregation operation in EFM-CU-MIB:

In the MIB I proposed to use ifStackTable for actual PCS to PMD connections
(and changing them) while a new read-only table efmCuAvailableStackTable
defined in the EFM-CU-MIB, would list possible cross-connections (see 3.1
and 3.3 in the draft).

An alternative would be to use ifStackTable to describe cross-connect
capability and efmCuAvailableStackTable to describe actual connections, so
that the cross-connect action would be done in the EFM-CU-MIB by modifying
the efmCuAvailableStackTable (and not in IF-MIB).

I would like to hear some opinions on that.

Regards,
-Edward

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib