Subject: [Hubmib] EFM MIBs under Experimental

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:57:11 +0200

One of the issues that were raised in a MIB design discussion occasioned by the IEEE meeting was to place temporarily the EFM MIBs under the experimental root. This would allow for compilable implementations to show up before the RFC are released. Unless any negative opinions are express wrt, this proposal in the next five days, I will proceed with asking the IANA to allocate us a node number under experimental.

Regards,

Dan

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:45:40 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> One of the issues that were raised in a MIB design discussion
> occasioned by the IEEE meeting was to place temporarily the EFM
> MIBs under the experimental root. This would allow for
> compilable implementations to show up before the RFC are
> released. Unless any negative opinions are express wrt, this
> proposal in the next five days, I will proceed with asking the
> IANA to allocate us a node number under experimental.

I think this is a good idea, as long as it is clearly understood
that the registration OIDs will be moved under mib-2 once the
documents are published as RFCs.  In particular, people need to be
made aware that the experimental versions of the MIB modules that
appear in the Internet-Drafts _will_ be changed and thus are
unsuitable for wide-scale deployment in production environments.

Thanks,

Mike Heard

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:45:40 -0800 (PST)

Thanks,

Mike Heard