Subject: [hybi] Are there changes in framing from draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-03 to 04?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:03:50 +0100

Hi, are there changes in client-to-server framing from
draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-03 to 04 version? or just the
handshake has changed?

I strongly miss a "changelog" section in the draft, even more when
there have been so many versions and changes.

And the magic question: will the handshake and framing mechanism
specified in 04 be the definitive one? or will it change?

Even a more magic question: when will the draft become "stable" and
proposed as an RFC?

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:11:24 +0100

> draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-03 to 04 version? or just the

You can check here: 
<http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-04.txt>

> ...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:15:21 +0100

> <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-04.txt>

Thanks. However that is a diff, and since draft 03 and 04 are so
different a diff is not very useful (check it by yourself).
Anyhow it seems that framing has not changed (just bit MORE becomes
FIN). But I still think that a "Changelog" section, as present in lot
of drafts, would be nice.

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:24:58 +0100

> draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-03 to 04 version? or just the
just related to the handshake,
then there was the change related to the FIN bit (it was MORE bit in 03)
> there have been so many versions and changes.
thanks for the suggestion,
we will insert a change log in the next version
> specified in 04 be the definitive one? or will it change?
the major changes in 05 are expected to be still related the handshake

> Even a more magic question: when will the draft become "stable" and
when people agree that the draft is stable and ready to become RFC
at moment there is not such agreement...

cheers
/Sal

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:54:44 +0100

> we will insert a change log in the next version

Great, it will be very useful, thanks :)

> the major changes in 05 are expected to be still related the handshake

Humm, could I know the reasons of those expected changes? If there is
a thread in the maillist about it please tell it to me and I'll look
for it.

> at moment there is not such agreement...

A magic response for a magic question :)

Regards.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: John Tamplin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:58:45 -0500

> a thread in the maillist about it please tell it to me and I'll look

Virtually all the threads for the last 4 months about vulnerable
intermediaries and masking?

-- 
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:25:01 +0100

On 27.01.2011 20:15, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2011/1/27 Julian Reschke<[email-masked]>:

I did check it myself. It is a bit big, but it should be able to answer 
your question.

Best regards, Julian