Subject: [hybi] consensus result on Straw Poll: GET+Upgrade+masking

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:13:56 +0100

(as co-chair)

The straw poll on "*is Upgrade with client->sever XOR mask acceptable*" 
is over:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg05426.html

The mailing list discussion generated by the straw-poll has showed a 
rough consensus
to draft the new WebSocket handshake (and insert it in the 04 version of 
the draft) based on

a GET + Upgrade + Masking approach

where
- Masking is mandatory on the client-to-server direction
- Masking is not done on the server-to-client direction

moreover from the discussion is also emerged a strong consensus on a 
XOR-based masking.

as said in a previous mail (in a different thread) details how this will 
play out are yet to be discussed/agreed.

best regards
/Sal

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com