Subject: [hybi] GET+Upgrade+XOR in 04 version

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 23:40:34 +0100

Hi there,

Joe and I, as chairs, would like to see a -04 version of the 
draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol
that reflect both the consensus we reached based on the poll and what's 
been discussed the most:

"GET+Upgrade and XOR".

However because because there are still on going discussions on how to 
mask and
OPTIONS has been recently proposed as an alternative to GET

we have decided to hold, after the 04 version will be released, two 
separate polls

1) OPTIONS vs GET
2) a straw poll to resolve the question of masking

the -05 version will then be based on the result of those polls.

cheers
/Sal

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com