Subject: [hybi] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket protocol
	Author(s)       : I. Fette
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-04.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2011-01-11

The WebSocket protocol enables two-way communication between a user
agent running untrusted code running in a controlled environment to a
remote host that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The
security model used for this is the Origin-based security model
commonly used by Web browsers.  The protocol consists of an initial
handshake followed by basic message framing, layered over TCP.  The
goal of this technology is to provide a mechanism for browser-based
applications that need two-way communication with servers that does
not rely on opening multiple HTTP connections (e.g. using
XMLHttpRequest or <iframe>s and long polling).

Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.