Subject: [hybi] spec references (editorial issue)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:22:56 +0200

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that the spec claims that all references are 
normative. That may not really be the case.

Candidates to be labeled are:

    [RFC3490]  Faltstrom, P., Hoffman, P., and A. Costello,
               "Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA)",
               RFC 3490, March 2003.

(why do we have a IDNA reference anyway?)

    [RFC3864]  Klyne, G., Nottingham, M., and J. Mogul, "Registration
               Procedures for Message Header Fields", BCP 90, RFC 3864,
               September 2004.

    [WSAPI]    Hickson, I., "The Web Sockets API", August 2010,
               <http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/>.

BR, Julian

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:55:33 -0700

Hi Julian,
>(why do we have a IDNA reference anyway?)

There is a reference to RFC 3490 in the IANA Considerations 
section.  It could be Informative.

>               Procedures for Message Header Fields", BCP 90, RFC 3864,

This could be informative.

>               <http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/>.

This can be informative as it is only referenced from the Background section.

Regards,
-sm