Subject: [hybi] AS3WebSocket Library and Test App

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:23:22 -0700

Hi, all!

My in-progress ActionScript 3 WebSocket-06 client library is now up on
GitHub, in case any of you might find it a helpful sparring-partner
for your server implementations.  You can find it here:
https://github.com/worlize/AS3WebSocket

There are still a few things missing that I intend to address soon,
and it hasn't undergone extensive testing yet.  I also built a test
application with Adobe Air that knows about a couple of the
libwebsocket-test-server subprotocols.  You can grab a pre-built .air
binary of that app under the "Downloads" section of the GitHub repo.

Screenshot showing AS3WebSocket interoperating with Andy Green's test
page: http://blog.worlize.com/media/as3websocket.png

Current Features:
- Support for -06 draft including the handshake, framing, and masking
- Support for the deflate-stream extension

Known Issues:
- Fragmentation is not yet supported
- There is no user-provided extension API implemented
- No wss:// support yet
- Only the libwebsocket-test-server subprotocols mentioned have been
tested so far
- Only tested in Adobe Air, not yet in Flash Player.. probably have to
add a little code to make it check for a policy file for Flash Player.
- URL parsing could be more robust
- Server response header parsing is a bit brittle

Cheers,
Brian

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:24:38 -0700

Oops, sorry for the extra occurrence of this mail.  I mistakenly
thought my first attempt hadn't gone through.

Apologies,
Brian