Subject: [hybi] Error in the concatenation

From: Everton Sales <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:55:56 -0300

hi everyone .. the paragraph on page 7 has an error:

"Concretely, if as in the example above, header |Sec-WebSocket-Key|
had the value "dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==", the server would
concatenate the string "258EAFA5-E914-47DA-95CA-C5AB0DC85B11" to form
the string "dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==258EAFA5-E914-47DA-95CAC5AB0DC85B11".
The server would then take the SHA-1 hash of this,
giving the value 0xb3 0x7a 0x4f 0x2c 0xc0 0x62 0x4f 0x16 0x90 0xf6
0x46 0x06 0xcf 0x38 0x59 0x45 0xb2 0xbe 0xc4 0xea. This value is
then base64-encoded, to give the value "s3pPLMBiTxaQ9kYGzzhZRbK+
xOo=". This value would then be echoed in the header |Sec-WebSocket-
Accept|."

concatenation is wrong:
dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==258EAFA5-E914-47DA-95CAC5AB0DC85B11

and should be:
dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==258EAFA5-E914-47DA-95CA-C5AB0DC85B11

---

From: Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:19:24 +0900

Hi,

Which document are you looking at?
http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-07.pdf This?

   the string "dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==258EAFA5-E914-47DA-95CA-
   C5AB0DC85B11".  The server would then take the SHA-1 hash of this,

It's not breaking hyphen. Do you mean that we should disambiguate this?

Thanks,
Takeshi

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 20:55, Everton Sales <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>

---

From: Everton Sales <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:47:31 -0300

Of course, this is because I copied and pasted from the PDF with Adobe
Reader that ignored the hyphen.

thanks
Everton

2011/4/26 Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]>:
> Hi,
> Which document are you looking
> at? http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-07.pdf This?
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 20:55, Everton Sales
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>