Subject: [hybi] Firefox 5-Aurora builds with websockets -07 are available

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:35:28 -0400

Hi All,

Just as I did with -06, I am releasing unofficial and unsupported builds
of firefox amended to include support for
draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-07:

http://www.ducksong.com/misc/websockets-builds/ws-07/5.0.a2.01/

Last time around there was some really great interop testing between the
various clients and servers and I certainly hope to see that repeated
now that we are in last call. I have personally benefited from testing
with a couple other projects already updated to -07 and announced on
this list - especially thanks to Andy and Brian.

As usual, feedback generally about the protocol and how inherent things
in it impact you when dealing with these builds should go to the hybi
list - but if you have just bugs or questions specifically about the
firefox implementation then send them to me directly.

This code drop consists of the websockets code added to our "Firefox 5
Aurora" branch. Aurora code is in feature freeze but is still undergoing
stabilization. I made the builds on this branch simply because porting
the patches to Firefox 4 is a PITA for code conflict reasons, but it
does not mean that the updated websockets protocol will be in the
official Firefox 5 released in June. This is just a testing build :)

-Patrick