Subject: [hybi] <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10> Sec-WebSocket-Key needed?

From: Alexander Yastrebov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:57:31 +0700

>   The WebSocket protocol is an independent TCP-based protocol.  Its
>   only relationship to HTTP is that its handshake is interpreted by
>   HTTP servers as an Upgrade request.

If it independent protocol, then say me why it send messages
with "HTTP/1.1"? If change this part (example "WSOCK/0.11") then
security issues with XmlHttpRequest disappear. Do not supporting
WebSocket servers MUST answer "400 Bad Request". But separate one
from another is very simple. And the need for such a complicated
handshake disappears. No?

---

From: Philipp Serafin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:24:36 +0200

A protocol like this would likely be rejected by proxies, too. It's a
design goal for WS that it should be able to pass most existing HTTP
proxies.

Am 20.07.2011 13:57, schrieb Alexander Yastrebov:
> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi