Subject: [hybi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:09:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket protocol
	Author(s)       : Ian Fette
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-12.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2011-08-24

   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way communication between a client
   running untrusted code running in a controlled environment to a
   remote host that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The
   security model used for this is the Origin-based security model
   commonly used by Web browsers.  The protocol consists of an opening
   handshake followed by basic message framing, layered over TCP.  The
   goal of this technology is to provide a mechanism for browser-based
   applications that need two-way communication with servers that does
   not rely on opening multiple HTTP connections (e.g. using
   XMLHttpRequest or &lt;iframe&gt;s and long polling).

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-12.txt

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:12:16 +0100

>	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-12.txt
This version only swaps section 4 and 5, to make the document more 
readable. Multiple section references were updated at the result of this.

Remaining issues will be addressed in -13.