Subject: [hybi] Max frame size for a PING frame

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:38:47 +0200

Hi, is there any limit in the payload size of a ping control frame? I
don't want to receive a 4GB big ping...

Should a WS server allow a big text frame (i.e. 10MB) but disallow it
in a control frame (as ping)?

IMHO a ping frame should contain no more than... 16 bytes of data
payload? note that ping control frame just works at
"transport/framing" layer, it does not arrive to "WS application
layer" (I hope). So, what would be the purpose of a big payload in
such a control frame?

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: "Joonas Lehtolahti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:40:50 +0300

> layer" (I hope). So, what would be the purpose of a big payload in

Section 4.5:

All control frames MUST have a payload length of 125 bytes or less and  
MUST NOT be fragmented.

So the maximum payload size is 125 bytes.

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:46:09 +0200

2011/8/23 Joonas Lehtolahti <[email-masked]>:
> Section 4.5:
>
> All control frames MUST have a payload length of 125 bytes or less and MUST
> NOT be fragmented.
>

Opps, thanks a lot. I missed that.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>