Subject: [hybi] Bug in draft-11 (Connection header)

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:01:48 +0200

Page 31:

   3.  If the response lacks a "Connection" header field or the
       "Connection" header field contains a value that is not an ASCII
       case-insensitive match for the value "Upgrade", the client MUST
       _Fail the WebSocket Connection_.

"Connection" header allows a list of tokens separated by comma. So the
following is valid (in fact Firefox 8 uses it):

  Connection: keep-alive, upgrade

However the text above invalidates sich header value since:

    the "Connection" header field contains a value that is not an ASCII
    case-insensitive match for the value "Upgrade"

Please replace it with:

   3.  If the response lacks a "Connection" header field or the
       "Connection" header field does not contain a value that is an ASCII
       case-insensitive match for the value "Upgrade", the client MUST
       _Fail the WebSocket Connection_.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:35:57 +0100

>       _Fail the WebSocket Connection_.
Ok, I've used your text, but changed "value" to "token".