Subject: [hybi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:42:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket protocol
	Author(s)       : Ian Fette
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-13.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2011-08-31

   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way communication between a client
   running untrusted code running in a controlled environment to a
   remote host that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The
   security model used for this is the Origin-based security model
   commonly used by Web browsers.  The protocol consists of an opening
   handshake followed by basic message framing, layered over TCP.  The
   goal of this technology is to provide a mechanism for browser-based
   applications that need two-way communication with servers that does
   not rely on opening multiple HTTP connections (e.g. using
   XMLHttpRequest or &lt;iframe&gt;s and long polling).

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-13.txt

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:49:46 -0600

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-13.txt

First, a big thank-you to Ian and Alexey for submitting -13 so quickly!

As far as we know, this version addresses all of the feedback and open
issues resulting from the Working Group Last Call, and is ready for
presentation to the IESG. The chairs will update the "proto writeup"
tomorrow morning (European time) and then I will issue the IESG ballot,
for consideration on the IESG telechat next Thursday.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:06:24 +0200

On 2011-08-31 20:49, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> ...

I don't see my comment regarding extension-param syntax resolved...