Subject: [hybi] How are Cookies added?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:20:02 +0100

Hi, WebSocket API says:

-----------------
Establish a WebSocket connection given the set (host, port, resource
name, secure), along with the protocols list, an empty list for the
extensions, and origin. The headers to send appropriate cookies must
be a Cookie header whose value is the cookie-string computed from the
user's cookie store and the URL url; for these purposes this is not a
"non-HTTP" API. [WSP] [COOKIES]
-----------------

Must I assume that Cookies will just be added (and automatically
added) to the HTTP GET in case the URL of the WebSocket URI matches
the domain of a previously visited web page?

I hope the answer is "not", but given the nature of WebSocket I expect
this is the only way, so this stuf will force me to use the same
domain for the Web server and the WebSocket server (and then use all
that funny HTTP stuf like undefined proxies, load-balancers and so).
Please tell me that I'm wrong.

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>