Subject: [hybi] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-00.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 18:25:02 -0600

FYI, as seen on the i-d-announce list...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-00.txt
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 15:16:12 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : The MessageBroker WebSocket Subprotocol
	Author(s)       : Mark Hapner
                          Clebert Suconic
	Filename        : draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-10-01

   The WebSocket protocol [I-D.ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol] provides
   a subprotocol extension facility.  The MessageBroker WebSocket
   Subprotocol (MBWS) is a WebSocket Subprotocol used by messaging
   clients to send messages to, and receive messages from an internet
   message broker (herein called a message broker).  A message broker is
   a messaging intermediary that queues messages sent by its clients for
   asynchronous delivery to its clients.

   Messages are addressed to message-broker-specific address names.
   Clients send messages to addresses and consume messages from
   addresses.  Clients do not send messages directly to other clients.

   Message brokers provide a range of functionality that is outside the
   scope of MBWS.  Typically an internet message broker provides a REST
   API for working with this functionality; such as configuring client
   credentials; setting client access controls; configuring address
   routing; etc.

   MBWS limits its scope to the definition of a WebSocket subprotocol
   that provides a full duplex, reliable message transport protocol
   between message brokers and their clients; and, between message
   brokers.

   Since reliable message transport is often independent of a broker&#39;s
   particular features, MBWS can be used as the message transport
   protocol for a wide range of message brokers.  MBWS utilizes two
   elements of WebSocket extensibility - opcodes and extension data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-00.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt