Subject: Re: [hybi] RfC: LCWD of WebSocket API; deadline June 14

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:13:51 +0200

On 2012-05-24 19:20, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> This is a Request for Comments re the 24-May-2012 LCWD version of the
> WebSocket API:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-websockets-20120524/
>
> The comment deadline is June 14 and all comments should be sent to the
> [email-masked] list. The Bugzilla component for the API is [Bugz].
> ...

I note that many keywords that reference parts of other specs are not 
hyperlinked, so it's extremely hard for a reader to understand what they 
are supposed to mean (phrasing it politely).

For instance, in Section 7:

"If the url string is not an absolute URL, then fail this algorithm."

"absolute URL" is not defined anywhere in this document.

"Resolve the url string, with the URL character encoding set to UTF-8. 
[RFC3629]"

"Resolve" is not defined anywhere in this document.

etc.

Best regards, Julian